If U missed the first 275 Cadillac CT6-Vs, Be Prepared to pay an extra $4000

T7fX104.jpg

Image Edit by MiatsoCi (aka Cmicasa the GreatXvX)

The 550 hp CT6-V isn't dead yet but will now cost you a lot more than it did before. Cadillac blew through the car's initial 275 pre-orders so quickly that the automaker is planning a "second installment" in order to meet demand. However, order guides reveal the brand is also increasing pricing by $4,000.

When Cadillac began taking orders in January, the car had an MSRP of $88,790 including destination. Effective this month, Cadillac has raised sticker pricing to $92,790, which equates to a $4,000 price increase with no changes in standard equipment.

For most buyers, this likely means Cadillac's Blackwing V8 is moving even further out of reach. As we reported last month, the brand is adding a detuned 500 hp version in the range-topping Platinum grade for the steep price of $96,790.

Whichever flavor of the brand's new V8 you intend to buy, plan on spending over $90k.

With the latest change, the difference in price between the V and Platinum grade V8 has been cut in half from $8,000 to $4,000. At the same time, the brand has widened the gap in price with the $87,990 CTS-V to $4,800 (from a mere $800).

In a communication sent to dealers, the brand says early customers "were rewarded with a special introductory offer by quickly raising their hand." However, some buyers may not appreciate what may be perceived as a $4,000 penalty for being late to the party.

CarsDirect

I'm still getting one... Screw it. I snoozed... well U know the saying. Compared to the Ms and the AMGs still a helluva bargain, and better looking to boot. An M760 costs almost $160K, the 2019 BMW ALPINA B7 xDrive.. $140K. Cadillac needs to price itself accordingly simple and plain The brand is luxury and in no way should be confused with bargain. It just doesn't make sense and I've been saying it since the ct6 debuted that once it had a V-8 there is absolutely no reason why it should not go price for Price up against the 7 Series Audi A8 or even the S-class.

Guest RegularGuy

To every bemoaner that Cadillac doesn't compete - this is for you.

I hope lots of people buy this finally.

This thing will have insane residuals I predict.

I'm hopefully getting a 'GTO birth moment' vibe here.

With the '64 GTO - once Corporate found about it & threatened to forbid it, Pontiac said they already had considerable orders in hand. Corporate allowed a run of 5000 to proceed, and instead Pontiac sold 32,450.

May this be an 'eye-opening' to Corporate AND Cadillac that high concept vehicles can have amazing appeal, and Cadillac should do a lot more of them.

• Like 1