Q1 2019 : Tesla

Tesla's March U.S. sales numbers were as follows:
Model S : 2,275
Model 3 : 10,175
Model X : 2175

The Q1 U.S. total was 30,600 vehicles. This compares to Q4 2018's U.S. total of 77,525 units for a decline of 61%. Musk had warned of both declining volume and an operating loss for Q1, but not to such an extreme extent.

Model 3 U.S. volume over the last 6 months ~
Oct '18 : 17,750
Nov '18 : 18,650
Dec '18 : 22,250
Jan '19 : 6,500
Feb '19 : 5,750
Mar '19 : 10,175

The pertinent question stands- what is the true mean monthly demand for the Model 3, and was the volume uptick in Q4 2018 solely due to the upcoming (Jan 1, '19) halving of the tax credit?

[Source : insideEVs.com]

59 minutes ago, balthazar said:

We have always known that Tesla is a cult favorite and like Apple will have to continue to ramp efficient building of their auto's. This is a normal stumble for them and with the China manufacturing plant coming on line later this year, I would expect sales to stay consistent as they cover the world minus China from America.

I expect this to also push on them to get the Model Y into production so they have their S3XY portfolio going. 

🤔 I wonder if the truck will be a Model ! so that they can put the exclamation mark on that S3XY! portfolio? :lol:

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings