FEBRUARY 2020 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD!

ocnblu

Portugal is on my bucket list as I want to try the various Port Wine's they have there.

Wife and daughter have been to Spain and around Europe as have I. Europe has cool stuff, but I think I would like to explore South America which I have never been too and more of the Asian rim.

50 minutes ago, ykX said:

Our honeymoon (many years ago) was a 5 day tour around Greece and 3 or 4 days on Santorini.  Santorini was gorgeous, white and blue houses on black volcanic rock.  I rented a tiny car and one of the memorable things we did there was when we had a restaurant reservation on the other side of the island to watch a sunset and we were running late, so I really put the pedal to the metal scaring the hell out of my wife.  We made the sunset :)

Athens and Meteora monastery were very interesting, the rest of famous Greek places, like Olympia for example, was just ok, not that much left there.

Unfortunately this year all our plans are cancelled, unlikely will go anywhere.  Were supposed to go to Montreal in July and that is cancelled as well.  At best will go somewhere local.

Ive been to Olympia in 2001.  Maybe its because Im Greek, but I felt something  in the air.  Maybe it was Zeus welcoming me to his temple. Maybe he was trying to seduce me away from his daughter Athena as I have been to her Temple in Athens many times before and I just fall in love with her every time I set foot in Athens.  Maybe it was the Goddess of Victory, Nike, reaching out to me reminding me that Athena is my first love.   

Seriously though, I did feel electricity in the air when walking through the ruins, the columns of Zeus' temple just laying there on the ground. The names of the Olympians that cheated....  The arch and walkway leading to the running track.  Looking at the hills and feeling the ghosts of spectators past and of the athletes themselves.  I took a run on it twice myself.   

I felt the same electricity in the old Montreal forum where the Canadiens won so many Stanley Cups.  No joke. I think there is something to that...

Ive never been to Meteora.  Id visit it one day, but it aint high on my list.   

Montreal.  In July.   Jazz fest. Comedy fest.  All kinds of ethnic festivals.   Good time to come.  Next year.  

This Covid thing sucks! 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

This Covid thing sucks! 

The news today was covering that the Pandemic has caused a much bigger than usual up tick in Divorce Lawyer inquiries.

Maybe those that have not done their homework, have the communication skills and are willing to have skin in the game are realizing it is over their head to be married. Crazy times, Crazy News.

I agree the Covid thing sucks, I have to say, My yard is looking amazing since that is my sanctum of isolation.

Been busy with building a better garden area. My own Pandemic project was to build a 2nd raised bed. Ended up being bigger and cheaper than the Costco plastic thing I bought last year. So a 5ft x 10ft x 2.5ft tall pine raised bed. Have it planted and then finished building my in ground garden area and the potted veggie plant area. Got my Walla Walla sweet onions in the ground yesterday, will do leeks today.

20200427_185719 (1).jpg

20200516_125708.jpg

20200527_105600.jpg

20200527_155949.jpg

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

I agree the Covid thing sucks, I have to say, My yard is looking amazing since that is my sanctum of isolation.

Well put...I love my yard.  My happy place w/ the dogs.  So green with all the rain this Spring. 

100848340_10223056263424485_452185328132816896_o.jpg

100997469_10223044023918505_8431648807871053824_o.jpg

• Agree 1