Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Sad, on Lincoln reliability...

https://fordauthority.com/2020/11/lincoln-ranked-dead-last-in-consumer-reports-annual-reliability-report/

Echoes what I have heard elsewhere. I know consumer reports should be taken with a grain of salt, but where there is smoke there is fire. And dead last is a sad place to be. 

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

https://fordauthority.com/2020/11/lincoln-ranked-dead-last-in-consumer-reports-annual-reliability-report/

Echoes what I have heard elsewhere. I know consumer reports should be taken with a grain of salt, but where there is smoke there is fire. And dead last is a sad place to be. 

That is unfortunate to hear...the Aviator is one of the few Ford products I like...I've sat in them at the auto show, and really like the interior and exterior design...

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

That is unfortunate to hear...the Aviator is one of the few Ford products I like...I've sat in them at the auto show, and really like the interior and exterior design...

Ford is good for Trucks and Mustangs. Even as many Explorers as they sell....the Kia Telluride is kicking it's ass sales wise. Look at the inventory....like 30,000 Explorers sitting on dealer lots, very, very few Tellurides. 

Same thing on down the line. 

Genesis G90 is way way way ahead of the Lincoln continental in terms of a luxury sedan, which is why the Conti has been discontinued. 

Ford....I have an obvious love hate relationship with them. But there are ways they really need to pull their head out fo their ass. 

56 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Even as many Explorers as they sell....the Kia Telluride is kicking it's ass sales wise.

Numbers I saw said kia sold 9700 tellurides in October and Ford averaged 20,000/mnth in the 3rd quarter 2020. The ass kicking is the other way around, apparently.

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

Numbers I saw said kia sold 9700 tellurides in October and Ford averaged 20,000/mnth in the 3rd quarter 2020. The ass kicking is the other way around, apparently.

Good to know. 

I do know Kia is supply cosntrained on the Telluride. 

5 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

The Explorer seems pretty basic for the price point as far as interior features. 

It seems like reviewers don't like the smoothness of the ten speed transmission with the 2.3 It's fine for a truck, but I can see why they might want something a little smoother for a 3 row SUV.

5 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Agree that there is much to want to like about the new Lincolns, but sadly they have the poor Ford reliability. Issues large enough to keep me away.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, David said:

Agree that there is much to want to like about the new Lincolns, but sadly they have the poor Ford reliability. Issues large enough to keep me away.

I think the Trucks are plenty reliable. Just kind of sorry to see Lincoln go through this as i actually kind of like their suv's. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I think the Trucks are plenty reliable. Just kind of sorry to see Lincoln go through this as i actually kind of like their suv's. 

I agree that the Ford Pickups for the most part have never had major issues, I have had as my own experience blown 4 banger in a ranger I had for a year, decided to return it under the state lemon law. 

American auto makers have a mixed bag on building small motors in mid size and compact auto's.

Lincoln is starting to build some very nice looking SUVs, but the reliability is the issue and I honestly do not think the launch with such massive fixes required for the Aviator was helpful.

I am glad after that nightmare that Ford slowed down the launches to insure the building of said auto was of proper higher quality. Ford Mach E seems to be going through this same lets take a few extra days and insure the build is right from the start for each one. I honestly expect a much higher reliability for the Mach E than what Tesla has had as well as other ford products have had.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, David said:

I agree that the Ford Pickups for the most part have never had major issues, I have had as my own experience blown 4 banger in a ranger I had for a year, decided to return it under the state lemon law. 

American auto makers have a mixed bag on building small motors in mid size and compact auto's.

Lincoln is starting to build some very nice looking SUVs, but the reliability is the issue and I honestly do not think the launch with such massive fixes required for the Aviator was helpful.

I am glad after that nightmare that Ford slowed down the launches to insure the building of said auto was of proper higher quality. Ford Mach E seems to be going through this same lets take a few extra days and insure the build is right from the start for each one. I honestly expect a much higher reliability for the Mach E than what Tesla has had as well as other ford products have had.

Yeah, I love the model 3 but Teslas build quality is just a bit sketchy. 

Would love a Mach E but I think my next purchase will be probably a Bronco or Wrangler. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Yeah, I love the model 3 but Teslas build quality is just a bit sketchy. 

Would love a Mach E but I think my next purchase will be probably a Bronco or Wrangler. 

Hybrid CPO maybe on either one. :) 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

A good review on the Explorer. Fair, honest, and minces no words. 

Doug Demero is more positive...

Before my son bought his Jeep GC in Rhino Color which is awesome, so few so really stands out, he test drove the Explorer ST and while he liked it, one thing that stood out was the excessive use of hard plastics that cheapen an otherwise decent SUV.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, David said:

Before my son bought his Jeep GC in Rhino Color which is awesome, so few so really stands out, he test drove the Explorer ST and while he liked it, one thing that stood out was the excessive use of hard plastics that cheapen an otherwise decent SUV.

I like the GC better than either the Telluride or the Explorer. Good choice on his part. 

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I like the GC better than either the Telluride or the Explorer. Good choice on his part. 

Agree, while they do not offer the Rhino color that my Son got on his GC 3yrs ago, I do like the Green on the TrailHawk. This brings me to the problem on Jeeps web site. Rather than have to go into each model and see which colors are available it would make so much more sense to let the potential buyers choose the color they would like and have the web site then par down what models are available for that color choice. Same with interior colors. Let the buyers choose and then say that color is available on these models.

image.png

Love the High Altitude GC in Sangria color.

image.png

• Agree 2

Sangria is nice. Wrangler has a similar color called Snazzberry which is also available on Gladiator.

My wife does not enjoy driving larger vehicles and the GC is I believe a shade smaller than Telluride and Explorer.

• Agree 2