Top Gear Reviews C6... the Citroen, that is

To test the smoothness of the suspension, he drives it on a grassy horse racetrack up against a 5-series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpuPGkikm2I...citroen%20C6%20

"Citroen has always had a reputation for making bizarre cars. So when Jeremy got the opportunity to review the C6, he was thrilled. He was clearly looking forward to the insane way old models had stereos mounted next to the handbrake, gear levers on the dashboard and indicators where the radio should be. But the C6 is a bit of a disappointment. All of the old Citroen fun seems to have gone.

But, to be fair, the C6 is an excellent car. It's not at all German, so it looks a bit different. The C6 has spectacular ride quality, which really does set it apart from competition of the same class. It would have been nice if you had to change gear using a lemon attached to a breadstick though. Just for old time's sake."

Odd car. But interesting, with a great greenhouse.

Edited by MyerShift

XP, SP & I just compiled a list of about 500 cars & objects that will be worth

points in the "TIGHT WHIPS 1st Annual Invitation Only Scavenger Hunt".

A photo of a "Fog Car" will be worth about as many points as a 1978 Ford

Granada, but a Citroen is double. :D

(details will be posted on or around the 4th of July)

Edited by Sixty8panther

• 1 year later...

I said it once, and I say it again, the Francais cars should come back...

You think so too? I would definitely love to see the new Citroen C4 around here. It's got a funky, cool look that would be great for beating the crap out of Toyota's Scion. I mean, if the U.S. automakers have to lose sales to oversea-ers, I'd prefer it to be to the Euros over the Asians, but that's kinda like the lesser of two evils kind of thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing the C6 on my next trip across the pond (probably next year sometime). I've always found Citroens interesting, very individualistic styling...the DS in the '50s looked so modern, so different from other automakers designs.

I've watched several of '60s and early '70s French crime movies lately, pretty interesting selection of cars seen in the streets of Paris, Nice, etc....Citroen DSes mixed in with a couple '67 Camaros amidst Renault Dauphines, Fiats, etc (one film had the lead driving a '66 Fury).