Isuzu + GM = LPEC

Isuzu + GM = LPEC

Posted Image

Isuzu and GM are pairing up once again to develop a next-generation pickup truck. This time around though, they're getting quite a bit more serious. So much so, in fact, that they are joining to create a new company: LCV Platform Engineering Corporation (LPEC). It is a 50-50 joint venture which will be based in Fujisawa City, Japan (pictured above). The company is to be established later this month.

Read "Isuzu and GM Start Joint Venture" @ World Car Fans

WTF???

:) This is Great! The Chevy Luv truck was IMHO the best small truck Chevy ever had. My 1976 Series 5 Luv truck is still owned by the gal I sold it to when I left to go overseas. I see it all the time in great shape.

Isuzu and GM can expand glabal market with this truckline and bring in a diesel to the model line soon I hope. :P

This is an extension of the program that developed the current GM/Isuzu small pickups, the D-Max, Rodeo, Colorado and Canyon, and the previous partnership on the Panther/Crosswind and Tavera. Isuzu will design the pickups, GM will design the SUVs and AUVs which use the same platform (an AUV is a smallish SUV/minvan hybrid—Mitsubishi, Toyota and GM/Isuzu build them for Asian markets, hence the name).

Isuzu makes an absolutely bulletproof small diesel. If GM could get its hands on that, stuff it in a mini-van, SUV or two & their trucks...

Letting Isuzu design the trucks?..

...you'd think GM would've learned their lesson after the Canyon/Colorado.  :stupid:

We get the Isuzu version as the Holden Rodeo and it is a damn fine truck which competes very well in the Australian and NZ markets. The new 3.6 global V6 goes really well and gets good mileage and the 'old' 3.0l diesel goes for ever but is a bit rowdy and slightly down on power compared to the newer Toyta and Nissan models.

All that is really required (and rumored to be here soon) is the 3.0l common rail diesel and maybe a slight facelift.

It is not Isuzu's fault that GM puts old engines into NA vehicles.

It is not Isuzu's fault that GM puts old engines into NA vehicles.

The Atlas 4 and 5 were new in the GMT355s and they have been bumped up in power and displacement they aren't lagging in anything. The 4 cylinder is the most powerful in a truck on the market!