Acura News: Acura Offers Limited-Production of the TLX Type S PMC Edition

David

Acura is closing out the 2023 TLX with a special edition.

05 2023 Acura TLX Gotham Gray PMC Edition.jpg

The 2023 Gotham Gray TLX Type S PMC Edition Details:

• Hand-assembled at the Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC)
  • Painted in Gotham Gray with matte metallic finish
  • Gloss carbon fiber decklid lip spoiler & rear diffuser
  • Lightweight Berlina Black Y-spoke wheels with black lug nuts
  • High-performance Pirelli P-Zero summer tire (255/35)
  • Berlina Black door handles
  • Side sill garnish
  • Black-chrome quad exhaust finishers
  • Gloss black TLX, Type S and SH-AWD exterior badging
  • Red Milano leather interior with black contrast stitching and Ultrasuede® inserts
  • Flat-bottom heated steering wheel
  • Carbon fiber interior trim panels
  • Illuminated Type S side sills
  • Premium floor mats with Type S badges and red accent binding
  • Unique PMC Edition numbered serial plaque

The Gotham Gray TLX Type S PMC Edition will have an SH-AWD drivetrain, MSRP of $65,000 with delivery and handling $66,995 and a EPA MPG rating of 19 / 24 / 21 City / Highway / Combined.

08 2023 Acura TLX Gotham Gray PMC Edition.jpg

The 2023 Gotham Gray TLX Type S PMC Edition follows previous PMC Editions as well as the NSX supercar, all hand-crafted by master technicians at the Performance Manufacturing Center. Following the hand-assembly process, each PMC Edition receives the same quality control process applied to NSX, including a dyno check, paint inspection and rough-road simulation. To protect the paint during shipping, PMC Editions are wrapped in a specially designed car cover and transported to Acura dealers via enclosed, single-car carriers.

So how many of these limited production models are going to be produced you ask? 50 for the North American Market.

TLX (acuranews.com)

View full article

53 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

$66,000 for a TLX?  Um, no.

I agree, I think it is greatly over priced, but then with only 50 being built, I suspect it will be priced way over that price, close to $100K if a dealer can get it and that makes it just stupid expense.

Its just OK.    I wouldnt trade in my current 2012 TL for it.  Acura has lost me as a fan.  Something about Acura that I dont feel connected to.  This particualr trim costs too much money.  But its a car that I wouldnt mind owning out of default since there arent many sedans left to buy in North  America.  On second thought,    I dont feel connected to Cadillac either, but I think Id rather a CT5...   

Love the NSX though.

2022 Acura NSX Prices, Reviews, and Pictures | Edmunds

2020 Acura NSX Review: a One-of-a-Kind Hybrid Supercar

The refresh has a certain Lamborghini flair in the front. I prefer the Acura beak version.  

@oldshurst442 I am thinking the cars might truly be coming to an end as the Shanghai auto show, all the new releases showed were first EV, second all SUVs as cars just pretty much did not exist much. Seems the Chinese are moving in the direction of SUVs like Europe and Americas have moved.

Just a few examples of the press releases and reveals this year.

Nissan showcases SUVs at Auto Shanghai 2023 (nissannews.com)

Nissan highlights electrification and connectivity at Auto Shanghai 2023 (nissannews.com)

Lexus only showed SUVs at the show.

Lexus to exhibit at Auto Shanghai 2023 | Lexus | Global Newsroom | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

They did have one minivan.

World Premiere of the All-New Lexus LM | Lexus | Global Newsroom | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

Toyota showed off their new EVs all SUVs.

Toyota Unveils 2 New bZ Series Models at Auto Shanghai | Corporate | Global Newsroom | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

Honda showed off their SUV portfolio with a single car concept.

Honda Global | April 18 , 2023 "Honda Exhibits World Premiere of “e:NP2 Prototype,” “e:NS2 Prototype” and “e:N SUV 序” at Auto Shanghai 2023"

BMW showed off their all new X1 EV SUV.

PRESS STREAMING (bmwgroup.com)