Ok, guys i need your help on something

Halo

All right guys, help me out (if you would ever be so kind). Im trying to decide on a car for college (or type of car). i need something with good gas milage, in particular and something recent (nothing past the '01 mark if you dont mind, but if is, i'll consider it). I also dont need anything big; something nice and compact that wont take up a large amount of space. oh and make sure that it dont cost an arm and a leg to buy (god knows im not rich). If you have any recomendations/sugestions for such a picky post please reply. thank you, I appreciate it. :)

There's always the Aveo Value Edition...

I'd say a used Alero V6-peppy engine, good fuel economy, reasonably sized, nice car. They're not all that expensive, either.

There's always the Aveo Value Edition...

I'd say a used Alero V6-peppy engine, good fuel economy, reasonably sized, nice car. They're not all that expensive, either.

Even the later 4cylinder models aren't bad. 34mpg highway isn't unheard of.

Alero

Mazda Protege

wow theres really no right answer for this.

i can tell you from a to b cavaliers are pretty damn ok. very little worry. i know if i was in this situation id be looking at the cobalts. but theres so many different things. aveo, elantras, anything from toyota, i hear that they are so good if you throw them up in the air, they turn to sunshine.

best thing to do is go out there and get behinsd the wheel of a few and see what floats your boat.

hmmm... some really good ideas here. thanks. if anyone else have anymore sugestions let me know, trust me im open for them ;)

The Alero is a pretty good college car I think. V6 or I4 works. Around town I got 18-19 MPG usually but I have a lead foot so you could get 22-23 if you wanted to I'm sure.

A Ford Focus wouldn't be bad either (good driving), as long as you can find one without many problems.

Some suggestions, all used:

-Mini Cooper (I'd never buy a non-S but hey, economy is one of your criteria)

-PT cruiser 5-speed

-Mazda 3 sedan... 5-speed of course

-Grand Am (ecotec?) you can even get the ecotec with a 5-speed