New 2006 GMC Website

CadillacCTS

Uh, what exactly is this new shifter?:

Posted Image

The tow/haul mode has always been there, but now it has a new shape and a +/- toggle switch....any idea what model gets this and just what it is for? Kind of like a Tiptronic sort of a deal?

The HD trucks with the Duramax get a 6-speed automatic transmission with tapshift.

[post="12083"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hmm, that's kind of interesting. The shifter reminds me a lot of the one Dodge used in the '99-00 Grand Caravan ES (the top sporty model) when they gave it Autostick--just a little +/- toggle on the end.

That's interesting-does it work the same way as the Grand Prix GTP's did? I don't like the new Envoy bodyside moldings-they just lack the integration and upscale look the 2002-05 models did. Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS

That's interesting-does it work the same way as the Grand Prix GTP's did? I don't like the new Envoy bodyside moldings-they just lack the integration and upscale look the 2002-05 models did.

[post="12235"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree on the moldings. The first time I saw the new ones I just kept thinking how it looked like the truck was bare to begin with and someone just bought a cheap chrome stick on piece at the auto parts store.....something a local dealer seems to like doing to some of the Avalanches they order with no cladding or moldings (plus, often, chrome wheel well lip trim... :puke: )

Overall, the "originals" looked more substantial and fitting of the vehicle.

• 4 weeks later...