2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP

Posted Image

AutoWeek | Published 12/28/05, 11:12 am et
The much-anticipated, high-performance variant of the Pontiac Solstice roadster will be unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show, packing turbo power as we predicted six months ago (News, July 11, 2005).

A 2.0-liter, turbocharged direct-injected four-cylinder making 260 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque will power the Solstice GXP. Look for the boosted Pontiac in showrooms this summer as a 2007 model—at a $4,000 to $5,000 premium over the naturally aspirated Solstice. Edited by HarleyEarl

The HP was on the LA autoshow site last week but I am glad you got the cost. I knew what the HP was going to be and they beat it by 10 HP but the price you posted beat what I expected by 3K. The GXP will be the performance bargin of the sports car world. Thanks for the post I now know I can afford one!!!!

Wow, so I wonder if you'll be able to get a base Solstice GXP for $23,995 or whether they'll add some standard equipment. My guess is that they'll add some equipment, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it start right at $25k if Autoweek claims it will only add $4-5k.

How much more is the Sky Redline expected to be over the Solstice GXP?

[post="64732"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I would expect it to be probably $4-5k more than the Solstice GXP because the SKY is basically a fully loaded Solstice to begin with, I think there are only a couple of options (Onstar and 6-disc CD are options, I don't know what else is).

A loaded GXP and loaded Red Line probably wouldn't be that far apart in price though.

It's a turnaround car for an entire company, all because of Lutz.

[post="64730"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No low volume car will turn around GM. It needs its high volume models to be great in order for it to turn around. The new full size SUVs look promising, but the new Impala is a complete disappointment. Where are the great first class GM sedans the market wants?

Mark

I would expect it to be probably $4-5k more than the Solstice GXP because the SKY is basically a fully loaded Solstice to begin with, I think there are only a couple of options (Onstar and 6-disc CD are options, I don't know what else is).

A loaded GXP and loaded Red Line probably wouldn't be that far apart in price though.

[post="64733"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Saturn is supposed to be the value leader for GM and now their roadster will cost more than the Pontiac's? I guess the Sky is Saturn's 'Corvette."
I'm sure the GXP will be a winner but I still haven't even seen the regular one out yet on the raod. I'm in New York and most area dealers don't have any yet or have maybe have one for show. All this promise for a great car that came out in August and we're still waiting.

uhhhhhh Saturn isn't and won't be GM's "value leader" :unsure:

[post="64823"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Gm established Saturn in 1990 to be a value leader car company, maybe it's changing but that's what they started as.
As an example:
Pontiac Torrent base price 2wd: $22400
Chevy Equinox: $21995
Saturn Vue: $21390
All are based on the same vehicle.

Pontiac G6 base sedan: $18885
Chevy Malibu sedan: $17365
Saturn Ion sedan: $12825

That's value to me.

Gm established Saturn in  1990 to be a value leader car company, maybe it's changing but that's what they started as.
As an example:
Pontiac Torrent base price 2wd:  $22400
Chevy Equinox:  $21995
Saturn Vue:  $21390

Pontiac G6 base sedan:  $18885
Saturn Ion sedan:  $12825

That's value to me.

[post="64838"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The G6 and Malibu are on Epsilon while the Ion is on Delta with the Cobolt.

Gm established Saturn in  1990 to be a value leader car company, maybe it's changing but that's what they started as.
As an example:
Pontiac Torrent base price 2wd:  $22400
Chevy Equinox:  $21995
Saturn Vue:  $21390

Pontiac G6 base sedan:  $18885
Saturn Ion sedan:  $12825

That's value to me.

[post="64838"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah...it is no longer 1990. Saturn is being repositioned as the brand between Pontiac and Buick as Oldsmobile's spiritual successor. Think rebadged Opels sold here.

The Torrent and Equinox newer than the VUE, albeit the VUE did receive an recent enhancement. When the next generation VUE (or replacement) comes out in a few years, you won't be likely to see it cheaper than the offerings from Chevrolet and Pontiac.

And, as Spike pointed out, why are you comparing Saturn's compact Delta offering to Chevrolet's and Pontiac's midsize Epsilons? Granted, tha Aura (Saturn's upcoming midsizer) isn't here yet, but don't twist the current offering reality to fit your misunderstanding. The Aura is coming, and it will be more expensive than either Malibu or G6. And through Saturn's marketplace transition, the ION/ION-replacement will also move to a higher pricepoint than the Cobalt or whatever compact Pontiac may be offered at that point. Edited by ichbinjohnk

No low volume car will turn around GM.  It needs its high volume models to be great in order for it to turn around.  The new full size SUVs look promising, but the new Impala is a complete disappointment.  Where are the great first class GM sedans the market wants?

Mark

[post="64739"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think that even at low volume, this car will help turn GM around. We have 16 people on our waiting list at our dealership. I have seen many of these people and most of them drive imports. Bottom line is that the Solstice is going to get people back that were lost in the 80's & 90's. We will also get their friends, their frends friends...........

oh that's still the 2006 info unlike the 2007 model year info i have for the LA show. I was wondering. Also I'm not sure if it's even worth posting about it right? nothing changed for the standard model as far as I can tell. but if you guys care I can put it up with the gxp info saturday.