• Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

    Rumorpile: Bentley Considers A Four-Door Coupe


    William Maley

    Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

    September 25, 2013

    Car Magazine is reporting that Bentley is planning a four-door coupe arriving in 2018. The four-door coupe will take on the likes of the BMW M6 Gran Coupe and Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG. Sitting beneath the Continental GT, the four-door coupe will take the place of Bentley's entry-level model.

    The new model will use Porsche's upcoming MSB platform that will make its debut in the next-generation Panamara. Bentley chose the MSB platform since it could work for the next-generation of the Mulsanne, Continental, and the four-door coupe. MSB also offers significant weight savings. For example, the next-generation Continental GT could lose close to 992 pounds.

    The four-door coupe will likely utilize V6 and diesel engines, and have a pricetag around €125,000 to €150,000 ($168,650 to $202,380).

    Source: Car Magazine

    William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

    0


      Report Article
    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0


    User Feedback


    Drew Dowdell, on 26 Sept 2013 - 09:35, said:

    couple more years and there will be a FWD Bentley "3-series competitor" on the VW MBQ platform with a starting price of $29,995

    Maybe even a VW Up! based city car, ala the Aston Martin Cygnet.. :) The possibilities in the brand expansion arms race are endless...

    Over at Rolls Royce, maybe a Mini-based city car eventually?

    Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

    Guest
    You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Add a comment...

    ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    Loading...



  • Popular Stories

  • Today's Birthdays

  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      Plans for a flagship Jeep may have been trashed. Autoline Daily reported yesterday that Fiat Chrysler Automobiles have cancelled plans for the Grand Wagoneer that was due for the 2019 model. Citing information from industry planning company Auto Forecast Solutions, Autoline Daily says the company cannot stretch out the platform that underpins the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango for a model that would be in a higher segment. 
      Autoline Daily goes on to say that work may continue on a flagship model for Jeep, but use the platform that underpins the Ram 1500 pickup.
      Rumors of the Grand Wagoneer have been floating around for a couple of years and it only recently confirmed by Jeep CEO Mike Manley. Last month, we got a possible preview as to what Grand Wagoneer's front end could look like.
      Source: Autoline Daily (Video Below)
       

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      Plans for a flagship Jeep may have been trashed. Autoline Daily reported yesterday that Fiat Chrysler Automobiles have cancelled plans for the Grand Wagoneer that was due for the 2019 model. Citing information from industry planning company Auto Forecast Solutions, Autoline Daily says the company cannot stretch out the platform that underpins the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango for a model that would be in a higher segment. 
      Autoline Daily goes on to say that work may continue on a flagship model for Jeep, but use the platform that underpins the Ram 1500 pickup.
      Rumors of the Grand Wagoneer have been floating around for a couple of years and it only recently confirmed by Jeep CEO Mike Manley. Last month, we got a possible preview as to what Grand Wagoneer's front end could look like.
      Source: Autoline Daily (Video Below)
       
    • By William Maley
      Ever since Mercedes-Benz introduced the new E-Class earlier this year, there has been speculation as to when its sister model, the CLS would be redesigned. A new report says that it will take place in 2018.
      According to Automotive News, the next-generation CLS is expected to go on sale in the summer of 2018 for the U.S. The model will use Mercedes' Modular Rear Architecture (MRA) that is not only lighter than the platform underpinning the current CLS, but also bring more room. Spy shots reveal that the design of the next CLS will evolve, but will not depart from the current look. There is talk that the new inline-six that Mercedes announced earlier this month could be used for the CLS.
      The interesting bit about Automotive News' report is that Mercedes could move the CLS name to a new four-door sedan that AMG is currently developing, while the standard model would use the CLE nameplate. Also under speculation is that CLS shooting brake will be dropped when the next-generation model is introduced.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

      View full article
  • Recent Status Updates

  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online