The Fiat 124 Spider might be based on the Mazda MX-5 Miata, but it features a turbocharged engine and is slightly less than its platform - aside from the base trim.
Fiat announced pricing for the 124 Spider today. The base Classica model starts at $25,990 (includes a $995 destination charge). Compared to the base MX-5 Miata Sport, the 124 Spider Classica is about $255.00 more expensive. Both models come with 16-inch wheels, black cloth seats, and LED taillights. Mazda ones up Fiat by offering LED headlights.
This changes when you climb up further in the 124 Spider's trim lineup:
- Lusso: $28,490 ($2,395 less than the comparable MX-5 Miata Grand Touring). Comes with 17-inch alloys, heated leather seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a 7-Inch touchscreen with navigation.
- Abarth: $29,190 ($230.00 less than the comparable MX-5 Miata Club). Comes with front and rear Bilstein sport suspension, mechanical limited-slip differential, front strut tower bar, 17-inch alloy wheels finished in a gun metal grey, and quad-tip exhaust. Brembo brakes and a set of Recaro sport seats are optional.
Wrapping up the 124 Spider lineup is the limited edition Prima Edizione Lusso that comes with an exclusive blue paint finish and premium leather seats. This model only comes with an automatic.
Press Release is on Page 2
FIAT Announces Pricing for All-new 2017 124 Spider
- 2017 Fiat 124 Spider is the most affordable turbo-powered convertible in America with a starting price of $24,995 (MSRP)
- Lineup includes: Classica, $24,995; Lusso, $27,495; and Abarth, $28,195 (MSRP)
- 2017 Fiat 124 Spider returns nearly 50 years after original introduction
- Revival of roadster continues expansion of FIAT brand in North America
- Delivers iconic Italian style with modern adaptation of original Spider legend
- Powered by standard proven turbocharged MultiAir 1.4-liter engine for best-in-class 160 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque on Classica and Lusso; 165 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque on Abarth, available with six-speed manual or automatic transmission
- EPA fuel economy of 26 city / 35 highway for manual transmission and 25 city / 36 highway for automatic transmission
- Double-wishbone front suspension and rear multi-link suspension with stabilizer bars, 54/46 weight distribution and tuned electric-power steering system for enhanced handling and fuel efficiency
- Available with an array of safety and security features, including Blind-spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Path detection and ParkView rear backup camera
- Technology including passive entry with keyless go, Bluetooth connectivity, heated seats and available FIAT Connect 7.0 with Pandora, Stitcher and Aha
- Available premium Bose nine-speaker system with noise cancelling headrest speakers
- First 124 units will be available as limited-production Prima Edizione Lusso
April 29, 2016 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The FIAT brand today announced that pricing for its all-new 2017 124 Spider lineup will start at $24,995 U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP), not including destination. FIAT’s all-new roadster is the lowest-priced turbocharged convertible in America.
The 2017 Fiat 124 Spider revives the storied nameplate, bringing its classic Italian styling and performance to a new generation of vehicles and buyers. Paying homage to the original 124 Spider nearly 50 years after its introduction, the 2017 Fiat 124 Spider delivers the ultimate Italian roadster experience with driving excitement, technology and safety combined with iconic Italian design.
The roadster will come standard with the proven 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo four-cylinder engine, the engine’s first application in a rear-wheel-drive vehicle. The engine delivers best-in-class 160 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque on Classica and Lusso, 165 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque on Abarth, and is available with a six-speed manual transmission (26 city / 35 highway) or a six-speed automatic transmission (25 city / 36 highway).
“Our mission at FIAT is to deliver Italian design and heritage in vehicles that are fun to drive,” said Olivier Francois, Head of FIAT Brand, FCA – Global. “The all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider brings these elements together and comes loaded with open-air fun, stunning Italian design and the proven turbocharged MultiAir 1.4-liter engine.”
Fiat 124 Spider Classica
The Classica model features a dual-tip exhaust, black roll bar finish, and body-color header, side sills and door handles. The vehicle also comes standard with 16-inch alloy wheels, Nero (black) premium cloth seats, halogen headlamps and LED tail lamps. Inside, soft-touch materials on the instrument panel are highlighted with light silver accents. Not visible are eight points to reduce NVH, including insulation in the instrument panel, center tunnel, convertible top and rear trunk, to name a few.
The Classica is available in six colors: Rosso Passione (red clear coat), Bianco Gelato (white clear coat), Nero Cinema (jet black metallic), Grigio Argento (gray metallic), Grigio Moda (dark gray metallic) and Bronzo Magnetico (bronze metallic).
The all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Classica with a six-speed manual transmission has a U.S. MSRP of $24,995, plus $995 destination. The all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Classica with a six-speed automatic transmission is $26,345, plus $995 destination.
Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
The Lusso (“Luxury”) model builds on the Classica, with standard 17-inch alloy wheels, silver-painted A-pillar header and roll-bar cover and dual-tip chrome exhaust. The interior features heated premium leather seats in Nero (black) or Saddle and a leatherette-wrapped cluster brow. The lower instrument panel also is wrapped in leatherette, with Piano Black accents throughout.
The Lusso model is available in seven colors: Rosso Passione (red clear coat), Bianco Gelato (white clear coat), Nero Cinema (jet black metallic), Grigio Argento (gray metallic), Grigio Moda (dark gray metallic), Bronzo Magnetico (bronze metallic) and Bianca Perla (crystal white pearl tri-coat).
The all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso with a six-speed manual transmission has a U.S. MSRP of $27,495, plus $995 destination. The all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso with a six-speed automatic transmission has a U.S. MSRP of $28,845, plus $995 destination.
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
The all-new Fiat 124 Spider Abarth offers a sportier, more responsive driving experience for performance enthusiasts at 165 horsepower. Features include a front and rear Bilstein sport suspension, mechanical limited-slip differential, front strut tower bar, Sport Mode selector and sport-tuned chrome quad-tip exhaust with the world-renowned Abarth sound. Its aggressive appearance comes complete with unique front and rear fascia, 17-inch Gun Metal aluminum wheels, Gun Metal exterior accents and an available hand-painted hood stripe, offering a one-of-a-kind appearance. Other available features include a Brembo braking system and Recaro seats for added sportiness.
The Abarth model is available in five colors: Bianco Gelato (white clear coat), Rosso Passione (red clear coat), Nero Cinema (jet black metallic), Grigio Argento (gray metallic) and tri-coat Bianco Perla (crystal white pearl).
The all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth with a six-speed manual transmission has a U.S. MSRP of $28,195, plus $995 destination. The all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth with a six-speed automatic transmission has a U.S. MSRP of $29,545, plus $995 destination.
Fiat 124 Spider Prima Edizione Lusso
To celebrate the return of the classic nameplate, the first 124 vehicles will be offered as a limited-edition Prima Edizione Lusso. Each will be individually numbered with a commemorative badge and available in exclusive Azzurro Italia (Blue) exterior paint with premium leather seats in Saddle. Consumers who purchase a Prima Edizione also will receive limited-edition items, including a matching blue leather bag, journal with pen and a poster showcasing original design illustration with vehicle dimensions.
The all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Prima Edizione Lusso has a U.S. MSRP of $35,000, plus $995 destination.