• Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

    Rumorpile: Ford Invites A Small Number Of Journalists To See Next Mustang,


    William Maley

    Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

    October 18, 2013

    From the hmm section of the rumorpile, Reuters is reporting that Ford has invited a small number of journalists to get a sneak peek of the 2015 next week. Sources say the group will include a number of European journalists which is perfect since previous rumors have said the next Mustang has been designed to appeal to people outside the U.S.

    Sources have also said the new Mustang will have a modern design, and more efficient engines and transmissions. From previous reports we expect the new Mustang to take some elements of the Evos concept car, dropping the solid-axle setup for an independent rear suspension, a V6 and V8 engine, and the possibility of a new EcoBoost four-cylinder with 350 horsepower.

    Now, the journalists who have been invited have been put under a strict embargo till Ford gives the go ahead. This could happen in December as that's the possible date Ford will unveil the next-generation model. But time and time again, embargos are broken before a show and all is known. It could happen here.

    Source: Reuters

    William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

    0


      Report Article
    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0


    User Feedback


    I expect with all the news reported that this will be true to the concept and be a great auto. I also suspect in the short term sales of old style mustangs will go up and the first year this is out it will be flat or a bit down before sales pick up. Baby boomers will feel betrayed and 21st century tech peeps will love it.

    A new love hate auto. :D

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

    Guest
    You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Add a comment...

    ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    Loading...



  • Popular Stories

  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      When Ford introduced the next-generation Fiesta earlier this week, there was one model missing; the hot ST. This caused a number of people to wonder if there would be a new Fiesta ST. Good news, there will be Fiesta ST coming. But it will be awhile before we see it.
      Dutch publication AutoRAI spoke with Tyrone Johnson, development boss of Ford ST and RS models. Johnson revealed that the Fiesta ST would debut in late 2017, with production beginning a year later. Details about the next Fiesta ST are scarce, but Johnson did hint that the next ST would not see a major increase in power. Instead, the focus will be on improving the fun-factor. We wouldn't be surprised if a six-speed manual remains the only transmission choice, along with the ability to get the ST in three or five-door versions.
      Source: AutoRAI

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      When Ford introduced the next-generation Fiesta earlier this week, there was one model missing; the hot ST. This caused a number of people to wonder if there would be a new Fiesta ST. Good news, there will be Fiesta ST coming. But it will be awhile before we see it.
      Dutch publication AutoRAI spoke with Tyrone Johnson, development boss of Ford ST and RS models. Johnson revealed that the Fiesta ST would debut in late 2017, with production beginning a year later. Details about the next Fiesta ST are scarce, but Johnson did hint that the next ST would not see a major increase in power. Instead, the focus will be on improving the fun-factor. We wouldn't be surprised if a six-speed manual remains the only transmission choice, along with the ability to get the ST in three or five-door versions.
      Source: AutoRAI
    • By William Maley
      FORD TOTAL U.S. SALES UP 5 PERCENT IN NOVEMBER, RETAIL UP 10 PERCENT; F-SERIES, SUVS AND LINCOLN VEHICLES DRIVE GAINS
      Ford Motor Company’s U.S. sales for November  total 197,574 vehicles – up 5 percent versus a year ago – with retail sales up 10 percent and fleet sales down 9 percent Ford F-Series has its best November since 2001 on strong F-150 and Super Duty retail demand; total F-Series sales of 72,089 trucks is up 11 percent Ford brand SUV sales increase 20 percent with 60,079 vehicles sold Lincoln sales total 9,429 vehicles for November, representing a 19 percent increase on strong demand for its newest products, including Lincoln Continental, MKX and MKZ DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 1, 2016 – Ford Motor Company’s overall sales totaled 197,574 vehicles in November – a 5 percent increase versus last year – driven by a 10 percent retail sales gain with 154,114 vehicles sold.
      Fleet sales of 43,460 vehicles, including daily rental, commercial and government segments, declined 9 percent. This reflects the company’s plan to front-load fleet sales this year.
      F-Series sales increased 11 percent, totaling 72,089 trucks, the truck line’s best November sales since 2001. F-Series retail sales were up 14 percent.  
      “Strong retail sales increases for both F-150 and our all-new Super Duty pickups drove F-Series above the 70,000 vehicle mark – a November threshold we have not seen in 15 years,” said Mark LaNeve, vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Plus, strong consumer demand for well-equipped Super Dutys helped boost Ford’s overall average transaction prices in November, which are up $1,000 versus a year ago – well ahead of the industry average of $320.”
      Ford brand SUV sales totaled 60,079 vehicles for November – a 20 percent increase. Escape was up 11 percent; Explorer grew 14 percent, Edge climbed 32 percent and Expedition gained 75 percent.  
      Lincoln sales increased 19 percent, with sales totaling 9,429 vehicles. Retail sales were up 20 percent. Lincoln MKZ was up 9 percent, while Lincoln MKX was up 30 percent. Lincoln’s all-new Continental had its best sales month since launch – with 1,419 cars sold. 

    • By dfelt
      G. David Felt
      Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com
       
      Europe's 400 Ultra-Fast Charging Network by 2020

      Europe like America has the 3 basic charging standards in play in their fragile network of 2016. These is what we know as the 110, 220 and 440, level 1, 2 and 3 chargers. Yet Europe is not standing by waiting for Tesla or American Auto companies to drive EV auto's. Instead Europe has built the following consortium of Auto companies who have all chosen to contribute an equal amount to building the next generation charger network. VW, GM, BMW, Daimler, FORD, FCA, Hyundai, Volvo and Jaguar Land Rover have choosen to build 400 locations over the next 3 years that will sense and charge up to 350 kW in the period of a quick Coffee break. This is significantly faster and higher than the Tesla 120kW fast charging system. The goal by the European Government is to offer road trip worthy auto's with fast charging to bring less noise and cleaner air to European cities by 2020 and to make the bulk of inner city auto's EV's within 10 years of the fast charging system going live, so by 2030.

      Diamler is wanting to lead the European charge with their 300+ kilometer EV-CUV

      This would seem to show that Tesla has had the desired effect of making a market changing revolution of how companies and governments see the future of transportation.
      Source PM
    • By William Maley
      Plans for a flagship Jeep may have been trashed. Autoline Daily reported yesterday that Fiat Chrysler Automobiles have cancelled plans for the Grand Wagoneer that was due for the 2019 model. Citing information from industry planning company Auto Forecast Solutions, Autoline Daily says the company cannot stretch out the platform that underpins the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango for a model that would be in a higher segment. 
      Autoline Daily goes on to say that work may continue on a flagship model for Jeep, but use the platform that underpins the Ram 1500 pickup.
      Rumors of the Grand Wagoneer have been floating around for a couple of years and it only recently confirmed by Jeep CEO Mike Manley. Last month, we got a possible preview as to what Grand Wagoneer's front end could look like.
      Source: Autoline Daily (Video Below)
       

      View full article
  • Recent Status Updates

  • Who's Online (See full list)