It has been quite awhile since we did an interactive review (two years). But I thought it was time to bring it back. You might have questions for a particular vehicle and I can do my best to answer them. It also gives you guys a preview of what will be coming round the car review docket.
So let us begin with this week's test vehicle - the 2015 Fiat 500L Easy. This is the biggest model in the Fiat lineup (until the Fiat 500X hits dealers), which really isn't saying a lot. I haven't spent a lot time driving the 500L since it came yesterday because I was feeling a bit sick. But I did spend some time poking around 500L and can give some thoughts.
- Not quite sure about the 500L's looks. I think some of this is due to the red paint and the standard wheels on the Easy model. I would go for the Trekking model as it swaps wheels and adds some body cladding to make it slightly better to look at.
- The interior feels very spacious thanks to the large amount of glass used on the 500L. Feels very airy.
Chrysler's UConnect system is present and quite easy to use. Unlike other Chrysler models, the 500L uses a 6-inch screen. I find it quite easy to use and look at a glance.
- I do want to smack the designer who decided to put the HVAC controls way down in the center stack - they're hard to reach and glance at.
- The back seat mostly earns positive marks. Fiat raised the seats to allow passengers a better view, and legroom is quite excellent. The downside is headroom. My 5'8" frame was touching the roof liner, so taller passengers will have to crick their head if they want to feel comfortable. This is due to my tester being equipped with a panoramic sunroof.
- Base price of the 500L Easy is $20,545. My tester rings in $26,895 thanks to two options. A six-speed automatic for $1,350 and the Easy Collection 4 package which includes UConnect, sunroof, Beats audio system, dual-zone climate control, and other features for $4,100.
I'll be updating this throughout the week with more impressions and answers to your questions.