SKY Web cast today

Here's some new info about the SKY from today's noon Web cast:

Taken from www.skyroadster.com

Okay folks! Here we go!
We will get pricing in January.
Order generation will start January 3rd.
We will get images in the first half of January.
Each facility will receive one SKY to keep at that facility. We will not be allowed to sell it.
Tan leather is available on the Midnight Blue, Forest Green, Black, Bluestone, Chili Pepper Red, and Polar White.
Tan, Red, and Black leather available.
Black cloth standard.
Black or Tan cloth top. No word on hard top.
Allocation info is based 50% on retail sales, 50% on the competive market areas. Don't ask me to explain, I need to to have it explained to me.
Automatic will be released at launch. No word on Red Line availability.
This is straight from the broadcast, and I am sharing this with the blessing of my Market Area Manager who is standing over my shoulder.
Cheers,
<name withheld>

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Sounds great, and based on a lot of the comments I've heard and read, the Sky might just end up being even more popular than the Solstice. The automatic is a biggie too, considering the stick-only (so far, at least) is probably keeping even more "wanna be" buyers at bay.

Well, that is definitely good news for me, as I don't want the manual (oh God, here come the comments!) and all I've been hearing is that the auto wouldn't be available at launch. :)

[post="51960"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Still a great choice nonetheless! Manuals have their place, as do automatics. Getting what you want is the most important, since it's your $$$

I'd probably make the same choice, just because I'd probably do a lot of "cruising" in the car and wouldn't want to shift--just enjoy the look and feel overall :AH-HA_wink:

Having seen and sat in both the Sky and Soltice - I can say that the Sky gives a better first impression. I can't wait to drive them for comparisons sake. At first I like the Soltice more - but the interior of the Soltice (while nice looking) is very cheap feeling. The Sky is worth the extra $5K just based on the interior alone. I'm not in the mood for a two seat roadster, but the Sky would get my vote over the Soltice and Miata. Saturn is poised for a rebirth... First Sky, then Aura and finally the car that is high on my list... the Outlook. I can't wait.

I wonder how many people are holding out on the Solstice to get a Sky? I'm guessing there are a good deal of people doing so, as my dealer got 4 orders when they had a Sky on display. I think Saturn will become GM's fastest-growing brand, and I also think it will pick up a lot of conquest buyers, something GM needs dearly. With the Sky, Aura, Outlook, and new Ion coming along with the new VUE Saturn will have a sweet lineup.

I'm glad the automatic will be available at launch, as the Sky will appeal to a less hard-core crowd than the Solstice.

[post="51935"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh, but the joy of shifting thru the gears and hearing the rev's build. What's a sports car without a manual? It's like peanut butter without jam, less fullfilling !! Edited by Mikko O

I think Saturn will become GM's fastest-growing brand, and I also think it will pick up a lot of conquest buyers, something GM needs dearly. With the Sky, Aura, Outlook, and new Ion coming along with the new VUE Saturn will have a sweet lineup.

[post="52110"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Appareently there is some question on the new ion.

As of Dec 1st, GM has put the GMX002 ('08 Ion) on ice

from here