TCC Takes on the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

Variance

TCC Takes on the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

Posted Image

At some point in time the fundamental ordinariness of Hyundai products will become unremarkable. That point is coming, but it isn't here yet. Because the most the most fascinating thing about the new second-generation Hyundai Santa Fe sorta-SUV is what a competent and thoroughly conventional machine it is. There are no glaring flaws in its design, it seems well made, and operates dang near imperceptibly. It's just one more well-conceived Hyundai.

Read TCC's Review of the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

Weird... why does it seem all the small-midsize SUV's are becoming ugly. I thought the new RAV-4 was ugly, then Honda one-ups them with the new CR-V, Jeep's "Caliber" enters the fray and now Hyundai is the dead ringer for the big first prize... :banghead:

The styling is not that bad but it is a bit too weak/swoopy for my tastes. A huge improvement over the current-gen, however, which looks mildly retarded. It's a freakin shame it bares a slight resemblance to my Enclave. That pisses me off.

How does this match up against the 'Nox, Highlander and Edge? It looks smaller than those three in photos but is supposed to compete with them. Could it be compared to the RAV4 since that grew in size and power?

Who wants to bet Buick will be made fun of:

167164[/snapback]

Only if the Enclave came stripped and in compact/midsize form. The jokes for the Enclave will end with the exterior at most. The Santa Fe's interior is hideous in comparison. Same corporate radio, dead plates, and ugly steering wheel.

As far as corporate radios go, GM's is the best looking and most functional (per independent reviews) IMO.

Who wants to bet Buick will be made fun of:

Posted Image

167164[/snapback]

I'll see your bet, and raise you.

"This thing needs side ports, otherwise people won't know it's a Buick!!!" :rolleyes:

I'll have to say that the new Santa Fe does look better than it did previously.

Edited by ShadowDog