mute

Subarus are good cars, mutey.  Is it FWD or AWD?  In my opinion, you can't go wrong with a Subie AWD vehicle.  If it's been taken care of, it'll be a good buy.

173083[/snapback]

I think they were all AWD by '98. Not 100% sure on that, though.

i would be buying an AWD im sure of that so it doesnt matter what cars were or werent . . . i dont worry about money right now cuz i know its in my price range and i dont judge a cars worth based on it anyways . . . its the right size and such for my purposes . . . i was curious as to what i couldnt see that would deter or encourage me

Well, we have friends in Australia who had a Justy for years and they drove that thing over dirt roads, over fields, desert and other terrain, and they'd drive hard.

That thing would never quit on them. Those Boxer engines are pretty rock solid from what I've seen and heard.

Friends/neighbors up the road have one. They loved it, they are now looking for a new car. The gas tank started leaking and apparently the rear subframe needs to be pulled to do the job. The shop told them they could not garentee the subframe and attaching points would not deteriorate when pulled so they did not want to do the job. "She" hit a deer with it and it destroyed the hood, one could not be found even in local junk yards, why I do not know, seems like I could have found one but who knows. For some reason "he" said he did not want to get another Subaru, I guess we got side tracked and I just cant remember the reason or we never got to talking about it.