July 2006 Sales: Toyota Motor Corp.

August 1, 2006 – Torrance, CA - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported its all-time best-ever monthly sales of 241,826 vehicles, an increase of 16.2 percent over July 2005. Calendar-year-to-date (CYTD) sales total 1,465,368 units, up 10.8 percent over the same period last year.

"Market conditions are playing to traditional Toyota strengths of fuel efficiency, a strong passenger car offerings as well as our comprehensive hybrid lineup," commented Jim Lentz, TMS executive vice president. "We fared reasonably well in the tough truck market, where fuel costs and heavy incentives are ongoing challenges.”

The Toyota Division posted its all-time best-ever sales month of 214,867, up 17.7 percent. The Lexus Division reported best-ever July sales with 26,959 units sold, an increase of 5.6 percent.

Toyota Division

Toyota Division passenger cars recorded all-time best-ever monthly sales of 130,109, up 24.9 percent over the same period last year. Passenger car sales were led by the Corolla, which posted July sales of 41,800 and an increase of 42.3 percent over last July. The Camry Hybrid, which went on sale in late April, reported sales of 5,023 units in July. Total Camry enjoyed combined July sales of 41,892 units, up 1.3 percent. The all-new Yaris subcompact, which went on sale in March, posted sales totaling 10,137 units for the month. The Prius gas-electric hybrid mid-size sedan posted July sales of 11,114, an increase of 19.3 percent.

Toyota Division light truck sales were up 8.1 percent, with a best-ever July total of 84,758 units. Light truck sales were led by the RAV4 compact sport utility vehicle (SUV) with all-time best-ever monthly sales of 14,755, up 107.5 percent over the same period last year. 4Runner enjoyed July sales of 9,346 units, up 4.4 percent. The all-new FJ Cruiser, which went on sale in March, reported sales of 6,309 units. The Highlander Hybrid gas-electric mid-size SUV reported sales of 2,784 units for the month. The Highlander and Highlander Hybrid posted combined July sales of 11,999.

Scion reported all-time best-ever monthly sales with 18,408 units sold. The tC sport coupe led the way with unsurpassed monthly sales of 8,780 units, up 15.2 percent. Scion xB sales were up 43.5 percent, posting July sales of 6,666 units. The xA also had July sales totaling 2,962 units, up 21.9 percent.

Lexus Division

Lexus passenger cars posted best-ever July sales with 16,157 units, an increase of 22.1 percent. Passenger car sales were led by the all-new ES 350 luxury sedan with best-ever July sales of 7,803 units, up 19.2 percent. The IS luxury sport sedans reported best-ever July sales of 4,848 units, an 877.1 percent increase. The IS 250 sales totaled 3,352, with the IS 350 recording sales of 1,496 units. The all-new limited-production GS 450h luxury hybrid performance sedan posted sales of 157 units, while combined sales of the GS 430 and GS 450h totaled 299 units. The V6 powered GS 300 added 1,776 units to the GS series total.

Lexus Division light trucks reported July sales totaling 10,802 units. The 2006 RX 400h luxury hybrid SUV reported sales of 1,220 units for the month. The RX 350 and RX 400h enjoyed combined July sales of 8,492 units.

TMS calendar-year-to-date hybrid sales broke the 100,000-unit sales milestone, reporting 105,808 hybrid units. In July, hybrids sales totaled 20,298 units.

Sales of North American-built vehicles accounted for 50.0 percent of total July sales. There were 25 selling days this sales month compared to 26 selling days last July.

For sales charts, click here.

They have got to be dumping corollas into fleets or something...there is no reason why it should be selling 40K+

174478[/snapback]

I know a guy who works at a Toyota dealership. He tells me that the Corolla, Yaris, Camry and Scions are flying off the lots, retail. The slow movers are the SUVs (except RAV4) and the Sienna. That's pretty much what the sales numbers show.

I'd say the Corolla and Yaris sales are all about MPG.

-Andrew L

I know a guy who works at a Toyota dealership. He tells me that the Corolla, Yaris, Camry and Scions are flying off the lots, retail. The slow movers are the SUVs (except RAV4) and the Sienna. That's pretty much what the sales numbers show.

-Andrew L

174582[/snapback]

but it varys from dealership to dealership...

some of the salespeople on here have said they have yet to sell a 2007 tahoe, where as i've sold probably over 50 personally...

every dealership is going to be different, but truth be told, we are sold out of most of our cars... good times

-Andrew L

174582[/snapback]

Agreed. With Corolla boasting 41 mpg highway (with the stick) it's a big seller. I wonder if they'll really get that. I've never understood how they can get Corolla to 41 and the Cobalt only gets 35. That's a big jump.

Agreed. With Corolla boasting 41 mpg highway (with the stick) it's a big seller. I wonder if they'll really get that. I've never understood how they can get Corolla to 41 and the Cobalt only gets 35. That's a big jump.

174817[/snapback]

HP+torque. GM could probably detune the Ecotec to 126hp and get the same economy.

174817[/snapback]

yea my brother always got around 38-40 on his 2001... now that he has a matrix xrs he gets 26 tho...

I'd like to get a cobalt manual tranny...

that ought be my next vehicle...

yea my brother always got around 38-40 on his 2001... now that he has a matrix xrs he gets 26 tho...

I'd like to get a cobalt manual tranny...

that ought be my next vehicle...

174895[/snapback]

Damn straight.

5.7 to 6.8 L/100km is schweet. Depends on how I drive, what part of that range I get.

That's 34-41 mpg.

Reputation + excellent MPG #'s = SALES

Surprising how well the Yaris is doing considering its not that much better than the ECHO but still goofy looking and the Echo was such a flop in the U.S.

175182[/snapback]

Gas price was not an issue 5 years ago. I have to admit that if you can get over the strange styling of the Yaris, it's damn good on the fuel. Heard it GM? Aveo?

We never know, it might be my next car, after being a long time GM fan. :scratchchin:

Edited by Matt276

Civic sales were over 38K in July, so the numbers are not that incredible. I have to think that there are big deals being offered to move the older Corolla though.

175317[/snapback]

Here in the los Angeles area they have raised the price of the Corolla!

Here in the los Angeles area they have raised the price of the Corolla!

175419[/snapback]

...because they know people will buy them. its like car crack and toyotas the pusher. and they know it. if people are stupid enough to want it and only it, what the hell jack up the price. theyll still buy it.

i just think it odd that the camry and corolla sold nearly identical numbers.

is that fleet or fudge? or just sheer coincidence?

itd really only affect honda anyway for bragging rights.