So best friends getting a new car...

As the title says... my best friend's dad is getting an F430.. :blink:

i dont even know what to think about... hes been talking about it for years, and hes always said it would be once the boy graduates college... but... it just went from 2 years away to... like 5 days... Saturday, he's going... today 230k in the bank... :o

I wonder if the blown 72 chevelle will have some competition in the family? :scratchchin:

its always fun to see a drag car pick its front tires up

I can beat that Fly! Our neighbours bought a Smart car two weeks ago, lol! They are like only half a car. They do have a weird set of cars though. They have an Avalanche, Sequoia, and now a Smart car. Big size difference between the trucks and the Smart car.

>>"...F430"<<

I'd rather have an F-450.

178022[/snapback]

I could use the hell out of both of them.........................if money was no object. I can surely see the advantage of a F-450. Which brings us to the question. . . . . do I need a car like this..............NO ! But would I want a car like this.................well, HELL YEA !

Its nice to dream but, either would put me in the poor house.

For those that dream about owning & driving their favorite type of car/trucks/boats or whatever gas hog it is....... now, if ever, is the time to live your dream because, the times they are a changin'. Dont doubt it either, the world as we have known it or have dreamed it is soon going to be just a dream. One weeks paycheck per month for gasoline alone is going to quickly change the face of our highways. All this stuff is going to be nothing but a huge pile of tired iron one day. I already know many classic car owners that rarely drive their "restored" classic for reasons they state as being something to the tune of "it costing 10 dollars to drive to town and back." A nice Sundays afternoon country drive could cost $100.00 at the rate things are going.

Agreed.

I'd take the F430, trade the f@#ker in, and buy a well-made Italian sedan and have enough left over for multiple other rational items.

178083[/snapback]

Or have the F430, rent it out for $250/day and buy another one after two years.

You're awfully, terribly, ridiculously, absolutely ALONE in saying that.

178051[/snapback]

Not really... Id take a Ford F-450 with a flatbed body and the remainder

of the money left over from the differance of the Ferrari ot ther truck.

And a flatbed will make you money if you start a towing company.