More Aura XR Shots

Do they know there was even a concept version and, if they do, do they remember what it looked like?

It's funny how peope bash Camry/Accord buyers for their "bland," "safe," "conservative" choice but suddenly cheer for the Aura that exhibits those same qualities.  Yes, we all know the production Aura and concept Aura are not that different (:rolleyes:), they're 90% the same (:rolleyes:), so what's the problem with having it look a little bit sportier, somewhat different and bolder, especially considering the competition it is up against?

Then again,  :deadhorse:

180584[/snapback]

Bottom line, Aura is like seeing a magazine pin-up in the flesh, of course the reality sets in. Yeah she has a freckle or two.

Camry is like seeing Philis Diller in person, no make up or airbrushing is going to hide the ugly. It's a trademark.

Maybe the Camry will look better when they sell the "Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Edition"

Edited by Angry Dad

The Saturn tour came by the local dealership yesterday with a Silver Graphite Sky, Silver Pearl Relay 2 (real cheap-looking), a Cypress Green VUE, and the star of the show, a Black Onyx Aura XR, loaded to the gills. For once, its a GM car that is unbelievably as great in person as in the pictures, not too many differences there. No brochures on the 2007 models, and if I didn't get the free hot dog lunch or see the Aura, it would have been a big waste of time. However, the Aura was very elegant, stately, semi-reminiscent of the Buick Lucerne, but more fitting with the brand's styling character, even with a broken headlight and lack of rear headroom with the Panoramic full sunroof. Interesting how they're all individual glass pieces-4 I believe. Rear legroom was nice, the brown Morocco leather was nice, great dashboard, couldn't see the trunk because the door-mounted power trunk release didn't seem to work, couldn't see the dealer sticker because the windows were all down, but overall I was far more impressed with that than not only the Jeep Compass Sport I recently saw, but also probably any new/recent GM car. I think when it finally arrives, it will be a big hit, and as Motor Trend dubbed in their latest issue, "The car that will reinvent Saturn."

BTW, for those curious as to what ION, VUE, and Impala's Imperial/Deep Blue (37U) Metallic paint looks like, its an Indigo Blue shade, and I was told by the dealers that 14U Silver Plum/Quartz Metallic is a Lilac meets "Silver" color; not a Violet and Warm Grey 50 like I thought.

The Saturn tour came by the local dealership yesterday with a Silver Graphite Sky, Silver Pearl Relay 2 (real cheap-looking), a Cypress Green VUE, and the star of the show, a Black Onyx Aura XR, loaded to the gills. For once, its a GM car that is unbelievably as great in person as in the pictures, not too many differences there. No brochures on the 2007 models, and if I didn't get the free hot dog lunch or see the Aura, it would have been a big waste of time. However, the Aura was very elegant, stately, semi-reminiscent of the Buick Lucerne, but more fitting with the brand's styling character, even with a broken headlight and lack of rear headroom with the Panoramic full sunroof. Interesting how they're all individual glass pieces-4 I believe. Rear legroom was nice, the brown Morocco leather was nice, great dashboard, couldn't see the trunk because the door-mounted power trunk release didn't seem to work, couldn't see the dealer sticker because the windows were all down, but overall I was far more impressed with that than not only the Jeep Compass Sport I recently saw, but also probably any new/recent GM car. I think when it finally arrives, it will be a big hit, and as Motor Trend dubbed in their latest issue, "The car that will reinvent Saturn."

180714[/snapback]

Ah, did Angus and his bunch at M/T finally decide it was now ok to start blowing American *cough* instead of just japanese and german tube?

Do they know there was even a concept version and, if they do, do they remember what it looked like?

It's funny how peope bash Camry/Accord buyers for their "bland," "safe," "conservative" choice but suddenly cheer for the Aura that exhibits those same qualities.  Yes, we all know the production Aura and concept Aura are not that different (:rolleyes:), they're 90% the same (:rolleyes:), so what's the problem with having it look a little bit sportier, somewhat different and bolder, especially considering the competition it is up against?

Then again,  :deadhorse:

180584[/snapback]

The Aura is way more bold than the Camry or Accord. It's similar to the Altima in terms of "blandness." In other words, it looks appealing instead of boring.

The problem with having it be a lot sportier than the competition is that the millions of buyers in the segment don't want "boy racer" looks. They want something somewhat conservative that doesn't offend many people. Look at how the Mazda6 did for evidence that people in this segment don't want something that has boy racer looks. The RL will have the looks that you and most of us would want, but the fact is that's not what the millions of buyers in this segment want.