9-7X Flies to New Heights

Flybrian

9-7X Flies to New Heights: Saab Announces Altitude Edition

DETROIT - Saab's first-ever SUV is flying to new heights with the 2007 9-7X Altitude Edition. Only 500 of these specially-outfitted SUVs will be available for the 2007 model year, making it a limited edition with very exclusive appeal.

Beyond the extremely rich standard equipment of the 9-7X, the Altitude Edition includes 18" alloy polished wheels, and side assist steps, a rear DVD player, and an exclusive carbon fiber gray metallic paint. The package will be offered at a savings of nearly $1,000 than if the items were ordered individually. The package is available on the six-cylinder 9-7X 4.2i and the 9-7X 5.3I V8 - which will bring the total vehicle price (MSRP, destination charge and Altitude package) to $42,130 and $44,130, respectively.

For 2007, OnStar-equipped 9-7X models will feature a new service called OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation, the first factory-installed, fully-integrated GPS navigation system from OnStar. Turn-by-Turn allows consumers to talk to a live advisor, who in turn sends complete step-by-step directions to customers' vehicles through their OnStar system. Also in 2007, a Tire Pressure Monitoring System becomes standard equipment on the 9-7X, and one new color, Crystal Blue metallic, has been added.

The Saab 9-7X, which debuted in the summer of 2005, brings unique Saab characteristics to the SUV segment, including sophisticated styling inside and out, premium quality and design features, and sporty and fun-to-drive performance. Additionally, this SUV has a high-level of standard equipment, which is offered to consumers at a surprisingly reasonable price.

I've never seen ONE 9-7x.

Nice as they are, I just think they're a mistake in the SAAB lineup.

193812[/snapback]

Me either--it took like 2 years before I saw my first Rainier too.

Just have to laugh, its dead give it up.

193937[/snapback]

Yup.

Whoa!!! You saw one?! That's gotta be like finding Jesus or soemthing...

I'd forgotten they ever existed.

195859[/snapback]

Problem is, when you finally do see one, in seconds you forget about it. It's that forgettable.

I've seen a few-mostly in the Pittsford-Brighton areas, they're nice looking and somewhat distinguished, but I never saw the point of anything beyond the Chevy and GMC versions (and Oldsmobile when still alive, but making it a Buick made sense at the time-even though it took 2 years from being shown at auto shows to actually being on the roads), and while this sounds like a nice package, I doubt anyone cares.

I've never seen ONE 9-7x.

Nice as they are, I just think they're a mistake in the SAAB lineup.

193812[/snapback]

I live in the New Jersey to Maine "SAAB Belt" and see them every day. The 9-7 really is a nice truck. It's got the Trailblazer SS suspension with a suprisingly upmarket and nice interior. IMO, even the SAAB nose looks good grafted on the truck but unlike most of the country, SAABs look normal here.