An important note to all members

Its unfortunate that I have the need to post another message like this to everyone, and because I really don't have the desire to remind some of our legacy members of this simple fact, I'll keep it succinct.

When someone chooses to share information, you DO NOT have to agree, but you MUST afford them respect.

I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of seeing someone being called out simply because they don't use a "proper" disclaimer, like 'this may not be true' or 'don't take it as fact.' Another simple reality is that certain members of this board do know more than the average bystander about happenings inside the industry. If you do not agree with their posts, that's fine and time will prove one of you right, but I'm tired of seeing dead horses constantly beaten.

That's it. Let's just keep the concept of mutual respect for differing opinions in mind and respect those that try to share their knowledge with the rest of us.

Thanks, all. :CG_all:

Hmmmm.... so I stay away for almost two weeks

& yet there's still fistfights over RWD vs. FWD?

Just Kidding. :P

Don't you just want to smack him sometimes Fly?  :P

206012[/snapback]

I disagree with the premise of the original post because there are people who visit this forum that don't deserve respect. They come to the forum simply to troll and stir up angst while contributing nothing of value.

The idea that we must afford someone respect simply because they signed up here is absurd. Toyota Tokers, Wagoner hating wankers and Honda humpers can take it to another forum if their only purpose in being here is to disrespect GM.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

I think Fly was referring to people on C&G who may or might have inside information, but normally wouldn't be considered insiders. They deserve to have their viewpoints acknowledged with respect, even if it may conflict with other information or your own personal opinions. I don't think Fly was referring to trolls or GM bashers in his post.

I think Fly was referring to people on C&G who may or might have inside information, but normally wouldn't be considered insiders. They deserve to have their viewpoints acknowledged with respect, even if it may conflict with other information or your own personal opinions. I don't think Fly was referring to trolls or GM bashers in his post.

206207[/snapback]

^^

My original post applied to insiders or those who aren't 'official' insiders that choose to share information, hence "share information." My point is that someone who takes the time, effort, and sometimes risk of sharing intimate details about a product that they feel is accurate should have their post respected, as long as its presented in an informative and not misleading fashion. Question the content all you want, but don't criticize the poster just because of their background, etc.

I hope that doesnt include Josh.. because... well.. Yeah. 

206207[/snapback]

Josh is no longer part of this site and has his own now, a fact he himself explained an inordinately large amount of times.

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree with the premise of the original post because there are people who visit this forum that don't deserve respect. They come to the forum simply to troll and stir up angst while contributing nothing of value. 

The idea that we must afford someone respect simply because they signed up here is absurd.  Toyota Tokers, Wagoner hating wankers and Honda humpers can take it to another forum if their only purpose in being here is to disrespect GM.

206183[/snapback]

Dont forget the pretend insiders who are now filling-in for the actual insiders that have left the site