TCC Test: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Variance

TCC Test: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Posted Image

The Nitro is a striking piece of design. But cars today have to have substance as well as style, and while it may have a leg up in fashion, in driveability it's got its work cut out to topple the likes of the Escape and Santa Fe.

Read "A sharper turn in the fight for Liberty." @ The Car Connection

I roamed the car lots again this weekend and saw my first Nito in person. It must have been a fairly base model as it was white with the gray fenders as opposed to being all while. Overall, I liked the looks of it but it would definitely look better in a different color without the gray fenders. The interior was nicely assembled but it didn't fit me very well. While the interior looked good, I don't think I felt anything soft anywhere. The whole interior was that same mixture of textured and smooth hard plastic that seems to have become typical of Chrysler interiors. My biggest complaint was the seats. When I sat in them, it felt like there was a metal bar just under the fabric at the front of the seat bottom and the back of the seat bottom let you sink in like a soft pillow. It felt really weird and was very uncomfortable on the legs.

I roamed the car lots again this weekend and saw my first Nito in person.  It must have been a fairly base model as it was white with the gray fenders as opposed to being all while.  Overall, I liked the looks of it but it would definitely look better in a different color without the gray fenders.  The interior was nicely assembled but it didn't fit me very well.  While the interior looked good, I don't think I felt anything  soft anywhere.  The whole interior was that same mixture of textured and smooth hard plastic that seems to have become typical of Chrysler interiors.  My biggest complaint was the seats.  When I sat in them, it felt like there was a metal bar just under the fabric at the front of the seat bottom and the back of the seat bottom let you sink in like a soft pillow.  It felt really weird and was very uncomfortable on the legs.

205427[/snapback]

i felt the exact same way about the seats in the Nitro!

I looked at a Nitro last weekend at the local dealership. I was extremely disappointed to say the least!! The interior almost needed to be cleaned up after I just about puked in it. The plastic was so cheap and so shiny(no it wasn't armor all) that in direct sunlight I'm sure you would go blind and cause a wreck. I had high hopes for it and have been let down.

I looked at a Nitro last weekend at the local dealership. I was extremely disappointed to say the least!! The interior almost needed to be cleaned up after I just about puked in it. The plastic was so cheap and so shiny(no it wasn't armor all) that in direct sunlight I'm sure you would go blind and cause a wreck. I had high hopes for it and have been let down.

206435[/snapback]

agree. it's atrocious.