SRT lines, waste of money?

Why is it a waste of money to hae a real performance division in the DCX lineup, significatnly livening uo. People all over bitch and moan about the lack of performance in cars these days, the SRT vehicles are the answer to those complaints and then some. How would it possibly come back to haunt them if their cars have a cult following and get rave reviews.

So no, it's not a waste of money and it's not biting them in the ass. SRT vehicles are the kind of vehicles what car enthusiasts dream of.

Edited by Dodgefan

Waste of money? No because they get to charge a premium for a vehicle that really doesn't cost them that much more over a regular 300c.

Could they have been done better? Probably.

I know one big issue that would bug me as a potential buyer is the inability to completely disable the electronic nannies.

Why is it a waste of money to hae a real performance division in the DCX lineup, significatnly livening uo. People all over bitch and moan about the lack of performance in cars these days, the SRT vehicles are the answer to those complaints and then some. How would it possibly come back to haunt them if their cars have a cult following and get rave reviews.

So no, it's not a waste of money and it's not biting them in the ass. SRT vehicles are the kind of vehicles what car enthusiasts dream of.

207932[/snapback]

Now, I'm just asking, but don't you think they are in a price range out of the mainstream car buyer. Couldn't they save money, drive the value of these car's up and help improve their financial position even if for a short period of time? Not stirring a pot just asking a question.

they are in a price range out of the mainstream car buyer.

207935[/snapback]

That's the point. They're not ment to be a mainstream car. Cadillac could help it's market share by pricing the CTS at 25k, but that ruins the exclusivity of it.

If Chrysler is having trouble moving the higher end models, they need to shift production more to the Charger and Plymouth Fury *cough* I mean 300 2.7.

The original SRT-4 started at 20k...Civics in their normal forms can cost that. The Caliber SRT-4 starts at under 25k, but gets more power and all sorts of other goodies that the original didn't have. That's pretty affordable. The Charger starts at like 38k I think...you won't find the hardware of that Caliber (no pun intended) until you get to the upper 40's and 50k range.

The original SRT-4 started at 20k...Civics in their normal forms can cost that. The Caliber SRT-4 starts at under 25k, but gets more power and all sorts of other goodies that the original didn't have. That's pretty affordable. The Charger starts at like 38k I think...you won't find the hardware of that Caliber (no pun intended) until you get to the upper 40's and 50k range.

207942[/snapback]

I understand what your saying, but they haven't got the reliability history that the Civic or a lot of the other's have to rely on. People buy car's now based a lot on their history and if your going to spend that kind of money then why not go a little farther and get the luxury that goes along with the price tag. Just trying to figure out where they could chop a little off and push that money into their mainstream vehicle's.

SRT is the best move DC has made in my opinion.

If I were to ever buy another DC product it would be an SRT product.

I dig the Viper SRT/10, 300C SRT/8 Charger SRT/8, Magnum SRT/8 and the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT/8

All big winners in my opinion.

Best lineup of cars and trucks by any manufacturer.

If I had the cash I would have a lot of things, but just like me and you most people don't have the cash. That's what is hurting them.

207963[/snapback]

It's not hurting them because they are low volume cars to begin with. I forget the exact numbers, but the Neon SRT-4 sold much more than DCX had thought it would, it was a great success.

I saw a sliver SRT-10 Ram today...oh man they are hotness.

This question is a joke, right?

Dodge Charger SRT-8: 425 HP MSRP: $35,920

Dodge Magnum SRT-8 425 HP MSRP: $37,320

Chrysler 300 SRT-8: 425 HP MSRP: $40,420

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8: 420 HP MSRP: $39,700 (Faster than a $90,000 Porsche Cayenne)

These cars' MSRP's are not much higer than their regular versions, and you get a ton more power and suspension enhancements. The dealers may be marking these vehicles up quite a bit.....but they will only get what people are willing to pay. And I believe you can fully disable ESP/Traction Control on the Charger SRT-8.

The only vehicle not really worthy of the SRT name is the Crossfire SRT-6. While it is fast, there are other vehicles that are cheaper, that are just as fast, if not faster.

The SRT line is a no brainer. Mercedes has their AMG, BMW has their "M" series, Cadillac has their "V" Series, and to a lesser extent, Chevrolet's SS trim.

It boost the brands image, and brings people into dealers. They likely won't leave with a Chrysler 300 SRT-8, but they may end up leaving with a Dodge Charger R/T.

Now, I'm just asking, but don't you think they are in a price range out of the mainstream car buyer.

207935[/snapback]

Are you kidding? My CTS was $41K and it's a V6.

I could have had a Charger or 300C SRT-8 for about that much money or not alot more.

Truth be told....if I could have gotten a manual tranny in either of those, I'd be in an SRT-8 LX car right now.

I think the value for the money is HUGE with the SRT-8 models...!

I understand what your saying, but they haven't got the reliability history that the Civic or a lot of the other's have to rely on. People buy car's now based a lot on their history and if your going to spend that kind of money then why not go a little farther and get the luxury that goes along with the price tag. Just trying to figure out where they could chop a little off and push that money into their mainstream vehicle's.

207951[/snapback]

The Civic is no longer the young automtive enthusiasts' car. The Corolla never was. The Neon certain is/was and the SRT Caliber carries on that tradition.