200K miles

On Tuesday, Sept. 12th of 2006, on Highway 402 just past Airport Road in Sarnia, Ontario, my Mercury's odometer rolled past 200,000 miles. And I caught it with my camera phone:

Posted Image

The KPH view:

Posted Image

When I first looked at the pictures, I thought it was a little odd that 200,000 miles would work out to such a round number in kilometers. So, I looked into it further. According to this website, 200K miles equals 321,868.80 kilometers. So, somewhere over the course of its 13 year life, my car has "lost" more than 1,800 kilometers, or more than 1,100 miles!

Very cool. Last year our '93 Fleetwood rolled over 100k on the highway, but as my mother was driving it as a spare, no one noticed until after the fact. Not a big deal, but I still would have liked a picture ^_^

My father's '92 Roadmaster is at about 196k, so another year or so (only a couple miles a day to work and back), and it will hopefully roll over the 200k mark without incident as well.

Now you just have to make it to 300k and take a pic! :AH-HA_wink: