Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Fiero Convertible

I'm so sick of hearing about Mullets in regards to any GM late model/classic model.... Camaro, Firebird, Monte Carlo, Fiero... <_<

So much snobbyness around here. and it just runs rampant, unchecked while its so clear the negitive effects it has on this forum. What is the problem with these people ? If somebody likes something or posts up a picture there are 3 or 4 that have to jump in and cut it down for one reason or the other. Seems some of us are supposed to be ashamed of where we live or how we dress or where we shop or the kind of work we do and finally/mostly because we like some or many of GM's products and powerplants. Its like hanging around with a group of clicky teenage bitches. Like.... who wants to ?

I actaully really am tired of the redneck/mullet/white trash comments. Maybe I beat that RWD or classic muscle thing to death but being a CAR forum and all it's less inappropriate then prepetuating false stereotypes. Somewhere out there right NOW I'm sure there's a Mullet head in a 2005 Acura RL or a 2006 BMW 6-series. And the redneck down the street wiht a jacked up C/K Blazer and a Riviera in the back yard... he's the guy who will stop on the side of the road and help you if you're broken down while the peole you DON'T make fun of drive by and give you dirty looks.

I actaully really am tired of the redneck/mullet/white trash comments. Maybe I beat that RWD or classic muscle thing to death but being a CAR forum and all it's less inappropriate then prepetuating false stereotypes.

Somewhere out there right NOW I'm sure there's a Mullet head in a 2005 Acura RL or a 2006 BMW 6-series. And the redneck down the street wiht a jacked up C/K Blazer and a Riviera in the back yard... he's the guy who will stop on the side of the road and help you if you're broken down while the peole you DON'T make fun of drive by and give you dirty looks.

[post="18208"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

We went through this pretty hard way back on some "Redneck"/Pontiac thread that turned into the biggest slander of common white country folks I have ever seen. I got really pressed and finally threw out all the other "words" we are not supposed to use that steriotype and degrade certain ethnics and cultures. Things got really quite after that and somehow I didnt make any friends doing exactly what had been done to my "kind". Im sure hopeing I dont ever have to do that again. But I will if pressed, I will not tolerate this BS and it has nothing to do with PC is has to do with decency.

I'm so sick of hearing about Mullets in regards to any GM late model/classic model....

Camaro, Firebird, Monte Carlo, Fiero...  <_<

[post="18160"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm pretty sick of hearing yuppie comments in regards to everything under the sun, but, ya know, I learn to deal with it instead of whining about it.

Why is it riding so high? Needs more ground clearence because of reinforcements to the undercarige?

Well this car was a ASC prototype show car built as a proposal to GM for production in 1985. It is a stock 4 cylinder and is sitting on stock spring per GM tire clearance regs in the 80's. [they reqired chain clearance for years on the tires] This car was saved by ASC and sold to a man in KY, he intern sold it to a guy in TN and has been for sale in MI on E bay from time to time. This car is very well built and uses many of the things used on the first 80's Corvette also designed by ASC for GM. They never removed the VIN and it was never crushed. It is onme of the few prototypes you can own ans drive. It has low milage and is in good condition. With the space frame of a Fiero it was hard to make a good covnvetible but this one was done right so flex is at a minium. It may not be trend setting but it is also nearing 25 years old. It is a very nice historic car. At least they were able to save it from the crusher

Oh... so this is the actual prototype, then? I've never seen it before. That makes things interesting. I was always under the impression that it... looked different. I especially never would have guessed it was it... Anywho... Yeah, those comments do get annoying. Still, it's just us playing around (atleast I think it is... and it better be, Satty :D ). Sorry...

[quote name='blackviper8891' date='Sep 22 2005, 04:22 PM']
Oh... so this is the actual prototype, then? I've never seen it before. That makes things interesting. I was always under the impression that it... looked different. I especially never would have guessed it was it...

Well there were several.

This one was done by ASC with Pontiac approval. Pontiac used it as a show car.

They also had the following

1984 Speedster with chopped windscreen and no roof

1985 convertiable with soft top that stored under a side opening rear back half of the car.

1985 sliding hard top, it was a hard top with removable targa and retracting back half.

1988 convertiable GT this one was production ready but just did not make the cut.

all but the first and last ones have been crushed.

I think they may have had one or two more but I would have to look it up. I saw most of them one time or another, the speedster would have a hit.