Sign in to follow this  
razoredge

Kappa Plant

9 posts in this topic

razoredge    0
I read about this way in the past, but have since forgotten. What was annual production of this plant supposed to be ? One of the recent Solstice topics said

GM says it will build about 7,000 Solstices this year.

I was thinking this sounded low.

Satty    338
Isn't the process of assembly for Kappa more involved, more difficult? Wilmington used to build the L-Series, before that it either built minivans or Malibus/Cutlasses I dont remember which, so it should be able to handle decent capacity for regular assembly.

hyperv6    774
Production the last I saw was bumped to 15,000 with 13,000 sold. They were just ramping up slow and preparing for the Sky and Opel to start production.

Dsuupr    12
I thought the goal was to do enough with Kappa to have the plant at full capacity which would put it in the same ball park as any other GM plant.

I thought the goal was to do enough with Kappa to have the plant at full capacity which would put it in the same ball park as any other GM plant.

[post="18400"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That plant used to build mid size cars with a capacity to build around 200k a year. They won't come anywhere near that with KAPPA,maybe 60k-80k a year.

capriceman    0
no they can at maximum capicity 1500 a monthso thats 18000 a year i read that on fastlane.gmblogs.com from lutzs but it has to be hand welded (the frame) all that hydra forming metal. also it was supposed to be a low production vechile so not every one would have one cuz then it would lose its aw that is a sweet car i want that.

AAS    13

I think they'll reach their production capacity, or at least come close to it, if a certain concept vehicle debuting at NAIAS is produced http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

[post="20487"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wouldn't Kappa be to small for what I think you are hinting at, didn't the insiders say it's not a flexible platform?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this