Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Kappa Plant

Isn't the process of assembly for Kappa more involved, more difficult? Wilmington used to build the L-Series, before that it either built minivans or Malibus/Cutlasses I dont remember which, so it should be able to handle decent capacity for regular assembly.

I thought the goal was to do enough with Kappa to have the plant at full capacity which would put it in the same ball park as any other GM plant.

[post="18400"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That plant used to build mid size cars with a capacity to build around 200k a year. They won't come anywhere near that with KAPPA,maybe 60k-80k a year.

no they can at maximum capicity 1500 a monthso thats 18000 a year i read that on fastlane.gmblogs.com from lutzs but it has to be hand welded (the frame) all that hydra forming metal. also it was supposed to be a low production vechile so not every one would have one cuz then it would lose its aw that is a sweet car i want that.

I think they'll reach their production capacity, or at least come close to it, if a certain concept vehicle debuting at NAIAS is produced http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

[post="20487"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wouldn't Kappa be to small for what I think you are hinting at, didn't the insiders say it's not a flexible platform?