Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

Harley's Triviama X

17 posts in this topic

My memory is a bit fuzzy on this one but by the front bumper I'll say it was obviously inspired by the 1930s. Is it some Doozy "prototype" /resurection mule? Edited by Sixty8panther

Yup, the front bumper says it all.

At first I thought the bumper had been in an accident, then I realized, no that's the way they meant it. This prototype seems weak visually. I still think GM should resurrect this great name as a super luxury car under the umbrella of Cadillac.

This Duesenberg proposal was circa 1980. It used a stretched deVille frame (going from 121" wheelbase to 133"), and used the '77-79 Cadillac 425 V-8. Twin turbocharging was a planned option. It was supposed to cost about $100K but as far as I have been able to discern, only the one prototype was ever built. The company was lead by 2 nephews of Fred & August Duesenberg.

balthazar, that is interesting about actual involvement of family members. I would love to see Duesenberg revived.

Posted Image

balthazar, that is interesting about actual involvement of family members. I would love to see Duesenberg revived. 

[post="18841"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

As would I. Hey maybe I'll make a one of like this someday. I thought the Greenhouse had lincoln in it but now at second glance it DOES have a Deville A & B pillar.

Duesenbergs are soooo cool...

Posted Image

Wouldn't this make a great competitor to the Maybach Excelero?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have thought of that so many times...what if?.......There is an auto museum not far away and they have a Duesenberg....I just stand and stare.

Mighty Mouse:

Have you been hitting the 'special sauce' agian? Posted Image

Mighty Mouse:

Have you been hitting the 'special sauce' agian? Posted Image

[post="21110"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I am sometimes easily distracted chevys rule.
I have a 68 camaro also 79 malibu guess which is
faster

A '79 Malibu is an excellent start for a drag car. The lightest BOF vehicle GM ever made. AND it will acomidate a big block Chevy with little modification. That's what I call a WIN/WIN scanario. :)

Well if this Dusie was an indication to what would have went on in the 80's we need be glad it didnt. Im sure the crowd would have just licked this box on top of a box up however. How invigoratingly creative.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0