Is This Not The Stupidest Thing...

NDL

Love him or hate him he's got a huge audience.

If anything, to me, the way that Rush Limbaugh was, is, and will be, remembered, is by the line: "That's not what this is folks!"

(In Rush's imitation of *real* conservative objections: "Rush, the Patriot Act is doing away with our Constitutionally protected freedoms"

Replies Rush: "That's not what this is folks!"

Another *real* conservative objection: "Rush, the President is going to bankrupt our government with all this spending"

Yet another *real* conservative objection: "Rush, we're going to war with a country (Iraq) that never attacked us. You're never going to democratize that region"

So as much as Rush attacks 'liberals,' to many Americans, he has smeared the clear line, between true conservatism, and neo-conservatism, in his attempt to render useless, true conservative arguments against neo-conservative policy. That Rush would be rewarded, in any capacity, boggles the mind...

I may be wrong but I think I read somewhere that basically anybody can submit the name of anybody for consideration to the Nobel committee. That doesn't mean that the person nominated would necessarily be considered by the commitee.

Yeah.....Bill Handel on L.A. talk radio did a story on this a while back......it's incredibly easy to get nominated. This was back when the state of CA was putting Tookie Williams to death (black gang member that fatally shot a bunch of people back in the late 70's or 80's or something....) and a bunch of black activist groups nomiated him for the Nobel Peace Prize saying that he was "reformed" and trying to help young black kids in gangs.

BTW.....I did some research....."Landmark Legal Foundation" is a conservative advocacy group. And I'm sure they have LOTS to gain by recognition of their nomination of someone like Rush who's overly conservative to a fault.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rush Limbaugh has some connection to these guys anyways.......monetarily or not...

If anything, to me, the way that Rush Limbaugh was, is, and will be, remembered, is by the line: "That's not what this is folks!"

(In Rush's imitation of *real* conservative objections: "Rush, the Patriot Act is doing away with our Constitutionally protected freedoms"

Another *real* conservative objection: "Rush, the President is going to bankrupt our government with all this spending"

Yet another *real* conservative objection: "Rush, we're going to war with a country (Iraq) that never attacked us. You're never going to democratize that region"

So as much as Rush attacks 'liberals,' to many Americans, he has smeared the clear line, between true conservatism, and neo-conservatism, in his attempt to render useless, true conservative arguments against neo-conservative policy. That Rush would be rewarded, in any capacity, boggles the mind...

Thank God someone in this day and age knows the difference between True Conservatism... and that crazy stuff that Rush, and other commentators spew.

Thank God someone in this day and age knows the difference between True Conservatism... and that crazy stuff that Rush, and other commentators spew.

I wondered if I was the only one too...

Actually, given more to the emotional components of an argument, I can't tell you how many times neocon's have accused me of being a 'liberal' or 'unpatriotic' for my views. What's scary is that neoconservatives often frame their arguments around fear, not logic. They will offer up as 'evidence,' sophomoric arguments like 'terrorists want to kill us, because they hate our freedom.'

They'll go on about unbridled capitalism, about 'jobs that don't matter,' while the Chinese have a booming up-and-coming middle class.

Attacking Iraq is necessary 'to root out terrorism,' while our open borders don't matter.

They mocked Bill Clinton for being a '(dirty) liberal' for his spending policies, yet back a President who's vetoed one spending bill in six years.

Just draw their attention to any one of the above points, and they'll shift their focus not on the argument, but on the name calling. They will often defend their point, by stating: 'we live in a post 9/11 world now...'