Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northstar

Diesels a possibility on next line of SUVs

8 posts in this topic

By Jason Stein
Automotive News / September 26, 2005

DETROIT -- General Motors is considering diesel engines as an option on some models of its next-generation SUVs, GM's top truck executive says.

Gary White, GM vice president and vehicle line executive for full-sized trucks, says GM is mulling alternative fuels for SUVs built on its GMT 900 architecture due next year.

"Diesels certainly would be considered a viable option sometime during the life cycle of this truck," White says. "We've got some pretty aggressive emission standards coming, and when you move those into the SUV category, the emissions are even more stringent. We've got to balance that and look at capacity and workload."

More: http://www.autonews.com/article.cms?articleId=54663

I think diesels would be great. In fact, I'd like to see GMNA actively expand it's diesel offerings throughout it's line up of cars as well.

Really, I don't see why this hasn't been done already. It's such an obvious idea, only GM could overlook it. :rolleyes:

Really, I don't see why this hasn't been done already. It's such an obvious idea, only GM could overlook it.  :rolleyes:

[post="20229"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think Duramax production capacity was an issue.

I think diesels would be great.

In fact, I'd like to see GMN actively expand it's diesel offering throughout it's line up of cars as well.

Agreed...personally, I'd rather have a diesel over a hybrid...or how about a hybrid diesel?

Diesels can make some darn good race engines, i think it would be marvelous if GM could bring a racing-inspired diesel to the production arena.

As long as it meets the CA/NE states emissions requirements, I'm all for diesels.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0