Caught in the Crossfire: Chrysler mulls....

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103235

Sharp car, I've always loved the exterior styling and design, as well as the well-crafterd interior. I wish Chrysler would use this and Airflite styling on all its vehicles, Pacifica and Town & Country included. My family friend just got a red 2004 coupe recently, he loves it. If I were to buy a 2-seater, this would be it, hands down.

You know, in about 5 years from now, early Crossfires will be an absolute steal on the used car market due to high depreciation. If I had the money and wanted a toy, I'd definetely consider a lightly used, 7 year-old Crossfire in a few years.

A reskinned aged Mercedes does little for the Chrysler brand. I don't see the Crossfire being an important halo vehicle. DCX should spend their resources on more important things. The Crossfire coupe has such large blind spots it's almost unsafe to drive.

I say ,"good, don't let the door hit you on the way out." I wasn't a huge fan of the styling, performance wasn't great, and the price was insane. If you want a $50,000 2 seater sports car, buy a Corvette, this is the same reason the Thunderbird failed. David

I've never been a big fan of the Crossfire. Don;t like the styling and the mechanicals do nothing for me. If I wanted a SLK I'd BUY an SLK.

The Crossfire is a very stylish car, like a work of art on wheels. I think Chrysler should seek a replacement in the future, as it sets the "tone" for the brand's aspirations. Unfortunately, this car was not a great value. The high base price coupled with a so-so engine did not help move this car. If Chrysler can pull another "rolling art piece" like this, give it a power boost and lower the base price, they've got a great halo car.

You know where my mind also goes? I think with performance cars, people flock quicker to a turbocharged car than they do a supercharged car. Superchargers don't move people as much as American companies think. And while the turbo may have been painted as a boy-racer accessory, and also left to four-cylinder cars, it's just more desirable in the forced-induction category IMO.

The Crossfire is a very stylish car, like a work of art on wheels.

[post="23378"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My thoughts exactly. I don't completely love everything about it, but the Crossfire is one of the few examples of true artistry going into a car's design, so I can't help but admire it.

Edit: and possibly the best production example of Trevor Creed's importance to Chrysler. He does what J. Mays can only dream of, taking retro cues and making it into a beautiful work of art. Edited by Enzora