2008 Pontiac G8: From design to Debut!

WOW, look at all the work that went into designing the new front clip (front fascia)!!!! Yes I'm being sarcastic! :rolleyes: Did Pontiac design it or did Holden? It looks like it took all of a minute to do, maybe the video is true to life. I'm not feeling it for this car, that's a bad sign if I don't like it, as I'm a diehard Pontiac fan. IMHO! <_<

Lastly, why does the rear of the car say GT Pontiac G8, shouldn't it say, Pontiac G8 GT? :yes:

Edited by Pontiac-Custom-S

• 2 weeks later...

That's true, but at least those lousy cars pictured above have at least a shred of character in it.

I'm not feeling it for this car, that's a bad sign if I don't like it, as I'm a diehard Pontiac fan. IMHO! <_<

Lastly, why does the rear of the car say GT Pontiac G8, shouldn't it say, Pontiac G8 GT? :yes:

This is the best Pontiac that's come out in a long time that's worthy of being mentioned with its competition. GTO was a good start, I personally would've loved to own one. It's styling while dated, was understated, and sporty and it had the guts to back it up.

The G8 is the first sedan I'd actually cross-shop between competitors like the Charger, and 300. The Charger and 300 being shoddy examples of interior imagination. Seeing the interior and powertrain combination along with the exterior styling, the G8 is going to make people look at the brand in a much better light. I love everything about the G8, except for perhaps the potential for hard plastics in the production interior.

Not really sure why it says GT Pontiac G8 however...the badges really should be switched around.

That's true, but at least those lousy cars pictured above have at least a shred of character in it.

Well that "character" brought down the Pontiac brand name to its current level of mediocrity today. But not all of it was bad character though, the last gen Firebird/Trans Am was a fine looking machine. Edited by big blue

Holden designed this asian-copied-powerful-toaster.

The little ones will love it! It is bland beyond belief and very un-Pontiac like, save the grille and nostrils.

Cry us all a river.

Which is all Pontiac has going for it, unless you count plastic cladding or being ugly and FWD?

Posted Image

:pbjtime:

Hey... I loved the 5th generation Grand Am. The only problem it had was the cladding and all the ribbing. Remove those and you have a sexy car... even being FWD. The design itself was powerful and aggressive, just like the G8. Unlike it, though, it wasn't stealthy and classy. It's still one of my favorites that I'd still love to own... even with it's crappy drivetrain.

Grand Am Concepts... Hot Wheels, Autocross, and GXP:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyways, the G8 is sexy and looks great as a Pontiac... And I, too, am a diehard Pontiac fanatic.

• 2 weeks later...

saw the g8 at the autoshow tonight. very very awesome styling. it's totally the right car for pontiac right now. the interior is not daring, but its not tacky, either.

it will be fun watching charger sales go in the crapper when g8 hits. the g8 makes the charger look like a big pile of puke.

wish the g8 had awd....i'd sure love one.