Three Children Killed in Crash Near Shands Bridge

aaaantoine

Oh my goodness, aaaantoine ... very sorry :(.

Thoughts/prayers coming to you and your entire family.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Who's gonna hold me tonight?" ... Trace Adkins ... 'Help Me Understand'

I looked at the pictures and it is quite tragic. It makes us realize that life is fragile and we can't take things for granted.

aaaantoine, I'm very sorry about this and will keep you and your extended family in my prayers.

Update #1:

The father has flown down from PA to see everyone. His denial phase is over, and he was the one to inform his wife, Lisa, of their children's deaths. She is still in the hospital being treated for a lacerated spleen and other injuries. Everyone else has been released from hospital care.

Thank you all for your kind words. I will keep you posted.

Also, I'm sure it's on people's minds, and no one wants to be insensitive, so I'll say it myself. This incident only helps to prove Sly's theory about Toyota drivers... :nono:

Oh my Lord. That is one of the most horrific accidents I've seen

photos of, that image of the child seat is spine-chilling for me.

It's almost the exact same one I have in my car for Sofia. I can

not even begin to imagine the amount of grief the families will

be dealign with in the next weeks/months/years.

I'm so sorry Aaaantoine. :(

And yes... although it's not the time or place to go into a tirade about

Toyotas the fact is that it has to be said. 100% the Toyota's fault.

Update #2:

The media is all over this.

- Fatal Crash Tears Visiting Family Apart

- Parents Heartbroken Over Kids Killed In Wreck

Everyone is back up here, and I too am on the Island. Lisa is out of the hospital, but currenly relies on crutches to walk.

The funeral is today, 10 AM. I did not have the opportunity to see the children at Monday's private viewing, but I attended yesterday's wake. There are so many people connected to these two children. Hundreds of people were there at the church, and I would guess that the majority of the crowd was family.

News 12 Long Island apparently ENTERED THE CHURCH to try to speak to the parents and get sound bites. The media has been mostly respectful, but we did not welcome this incident.

I'm up way past my bedtime writing this. Again, thank you all for your kind words and support.