Which parent do you resemble?

Which of your parents do you resemble?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which of your parents do you resemble in apperance?

• Father
    • Mother
    • Blended - more father
    • Blended - 50:50
    • Blended - more mother
    • Neither - explain if you care to

I was looking at the pictures people are posting, sometimes with family members. The question of similarities and dissimilarities was brought up. I thought this would be an interesting topic.

I put down "blended - more father" because when I went to upstate NY to meet part of my family on Dad's side, they had never seen me and we met at a mall to guide me back to the house in their subdivision with a bunch of cul-de-sacs, they picked me out and said "you look just like a (Dad's family surname)." But, then, a few features look like those on my Mom's brothers who, unfortunately, I can't stand!

What about you? Which parent do you resemble more/most?

My 18th birthday present from my mother was her confession that she wasn't sure who my birth father was. The man who raised me for the first 6 years of my life (husband #1 for her) and whose surname I bare, may not be my actual father. He never knew. My "parents" were engaged in the Spring of 1960, then had one of their famous knock'em down, drag 'em out rows, called off the engagement and my mother spent the summer of 1960 doing what she did best............. <_< Then, she realized she was pregnant, nailed my "father" and they were married in October 1960. BINGO, I popped out 5 months later!

However, as I became a man, she admitted I looked more and more like a 21 year old she was "dating" that summer, so I could have a father out there that I never met.

But I do have my mother's nose, eyebrows, chin and wily ways.................................

Anytime this question comes up, my mother says, "You know who you look like? Your great uncle Dick."

Yeah, so anyway, I'm an even mix... have one body part from one parent, one from the other, etc.

I put blended more father, because as I said in the pictures thread, people tell me that I look exactly like my father. Although whenever I walk into the cafe back in my mom's home town (a town of about 200) people immidiately pick me out and tell me that I look like a (mom's maiden name.) So I must have a little bit of her in my features. Although I don't think I look a ton like my mom, almost all my my cousins and I share the same features like cheeks and eyes.