loki

v6 future  

10 members have voted

1. 1. what will happen to the HV V6's?

• just more 6speeds for them
    • hybrid use
    • they'll die by 2010
    • one will "die" , the other will be improved decently, +10% improvement

of course it's a tad jumping ahead...(ls3 reveal saturday?)

what will the ls3 have improved over the ls2 (other than displacement and power)?

will this mean anything quickly ( by 09my) for the high value v6's?

those v6's seem like a good thing for the Vue XE, the aura, g6 and the impala, for being a mid level engine.

with the 08 malibu losing it's 3.5L (as of right now), will this engine continue in the "NG" Aura/G6?

the impala is questionable with the zeta replacement being .."reevaluated"

the 3.9L has pretty much been designated an impala (excluding the uplander) only engine, but when the 3.5L recently got the tad HP boost, why not the 3.9L?

i know the 3.9L has received AFM, and is getting flex fuel for 08...

what do you think the future has in store for the v6 pushrod engines at and past 09?

i think everyone could agree a good manual "behind" them would be great, but unlikely?

move toward a 3v setup or a DI setup?

anything at all?

I'm not really sure what'll happen to the HV engines. I'd say that the 3.9 is goiing to leave pretty soon, but who knows, look at how long GM has kept some engines around.

I doubt the 3.9L is going to become the new 3800.

I say good riddance... it seems GM can't build an awesome OHV V6 between 3-4L that'll shut up critics. They're better off using DOHC engines for now to at least avoid hearing "ancient engine architecture".

The 3.5 VVT will probably be around until Epsilon II, and maybe until the VUE dies. I don't see it going in anything else after the Malibu, though. The 3.9 is as good as dead when the Impala goes RWD.

It wouldn't surprise me finding that in the Lucerne CX/CXL V6 though. (the 3900)

I'm hopin' for the 3.6L

The 3.5 VVT will probably be around until Epsilon II, and maybe until the VUE dies. I don't see it going in anything else after the Malibu, though. The 3.9 is as good as dead when the Impala goes RWD.

Why couldn't the 3.9 replace the 3.5 as the base V6? Give it a 6 speed auto and the mileage diff from the 3.5/4 speed combo should be negligible. The tooling and design is paid for. Use it until you get the production capacity up for the 3.6 HF.

Heck you couldn't really complain about GMs V6s being down on power then if the base V6 is offering 240 ish HP and a high output is putting out 260+.