Knightfan is Gonna Hate Me

We just got back from getting this thing home in driving rain. It's a 2003 Monte Carlo LS that needs some engine work. There's water in the oil and it makes a loud tapping sound. No matter for my dad - he can rebuild or replace engines blindfolded with one arm tied behind his back, so this is a pretty cheap way for him to get a decent car to finally replace the Skylark. It's silver with a grey cloth interior, has the 5 spoke aluminum wheels, and the 3.4L V6. He was impressed with the ride/handling, and it's a W-body so it should be stone cold reliable for him.

I'll post pics tomorrow morning.

Congrats on the new car. The Lumina GT is not one of my favorites though... :P

(P.S. they stopped making Monte Carlos in 1988)

Congrats on the new car. The Lumina GT is not one of my favorites though... :P

(P.S. they stopped making Monte Carlos in 1988)

:pokeowned:

He's absolutely right, though. But hey, it's still a HUGE step up from some $h!ty 90's Skylark

We just got back from getting this thing home in driving rain.

*grins devilishly*

THAT should tell you something right there ;). He he

Seriously, though ... hey, if you're Dad can fix it up and use it as a daily ... all the more power to him.

*sighs*

And, you should already know that I do NOT hate anyone that owns any of these FWD Luminas (er monte carlos), nor do I let what people drive keep me from meeting them on my road trips ... or even here in IL.

What absolutely frustrates and insults me is the naming that Chevrolet chose for the 2nd generation Lumina coupes and 3rd generation Lumina sedans. Heck, I even like the styling of the cars........

*shrugs*

Luckily, Sixty8 and XP wrote what I was thinking ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

my radio show:CD SHOWCASE.7:30p central.Friday/April 27 = www.wrmn1410.com

• 3 weeks later...