2009 Chevrolet Camaro Takes Shape at Warren Design Center

A full-scale production clay model of the 2009 Chevrolet Camaro starts to take shape at GM's Warren, Michigan, Design Center, Rear Wheel Drive Performance Studio, behind GM Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner (center), and GM Vice-Chairmen Bob Lutz (left) and Fritz Henderson (right).

Posted Image

Well Guys, here is a little teaser, GM is really wanting to wet our appetites for this beauty!

A full-scale production clay model of the 2009 Chevrolet Camaro starts to take shape at GM's Warren, Michigan, Design Center, Rear Wheel Drive Performance Studio, behind GM Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner (center), and GM Vice-Chairmen Bob Lutz (left) and Fritz Henderson (right).

Posted Image

Well Guys, here is a little teaser, GM is really wanting to wet our appetites for this beauty!

I think they were just letting us know things are going to be very close to the concpet as vs some past efforts.

I think we are going to be Solstice and SSR close. If so I hope they get the detail a little better. The Solstice roof is just not quite right and to adjust the seats in a SSR you need to open the door.

I think we are going to be Solstice and SSR close. If so I hope they get the detail a little better. The Solstice roof is just not quite right and to adjust the seats in a SSR you need to open the door.

Yup, that is where GM needs attention. They get about 95% close, but that 5% of details is making the difference.

Hmmm ... I see the headlights are not as recessed as before.

The car looks a foot narrower too...................... Just kidding.

From what we can see which is not a lot it really does not look a lot different. I think the lighting in the photo and the clay color has more to do with the lights than anything. They really look the same as I saw on both concepts I have seen to me.

I think the details on this car will be much easier to sort out as the SSR was never designed with production in mind and the Solstice was really a long shot of ever making production. they has to make things work in areas never considered when it was designed.

As for the Camaro the idea of production was there all along by the final design concept. The Mirrors interior and wheels were the only things a bit on the show side. But even with a redesign the interior will carry many styling cues from the Concept.

Hmmm ... I see the headlights are not as recessed as before.

The car looks a foot narrower too...................... Just kidding.

The headlight is different and the parking light between the headlight and Fender looks to be gone?

From what we can see which is not a lot it really does not look a lot different.

I do expect to see things like the front valance to be rasied a bit to clear curbs and other small changes like they did in the Solstice. Most will never know most of the changes with out both cars side by side is what I expect.

I think the details on this car will be much easier to sort out as the SSR was never designed with production in mind and the Solstice was really a long shot of ever making production. they has to make things work in areas never considered when it was designed.

As for the Camaro the idea of production was there all along by the final design concept. The Mirrors interior and wheels were the only things a bit on the show side. But even with a redesign the interior will carry many styling cues from the Concept.

Edited by hyperv6

I some how feel that it is a chopped image.

It is and it was placed to only let you see what they wanted you to see.

GM knows what they were doing here and they were just letting you know this car was not going to change much like the G6 or other cars.

In other words they were sending a message, did you get it?

It is and it was placed to only let you see what they wanted you to see.

GM knows what they were doing here and they were just letting you know this car was not going to change much like the G6 or other cars.

In other words they were sending a message, did you get it?

Nice chess by the three grand masters standing there. :thumbsup: