Looks like my Opel flight is on time

Bon voyage avec la compagnie Lufthansa. Je crois que vous voyagerais avec l'Airbus 340 entre PHL et FRA, parce qu'ils portent le 747 seulement a JFK, EWR, IAD, MIA, ATL (quelquefois), ORD (quelquefois), SFO et LAX.

Les attendents de bord de Deutsche-LH peuvent etre comment les "carabinieri" du ciel :lol: , especialment dans la classe economique. Ils n'aiment pas mes carry-ons un petit peu plus grands des reglements, mais les autres compagnies sont plus agreable sur les dimensions de mon valise du cabin.

Je prefere Alitalia et Air France plus que Lufthansa. (Avec mon billet gratuit de Skymiles, j'irai a l'Italie le mois prochaine avec Air France sur un 747 et je retournerai en Aout avec Alitalia sur un 777). Vous savez, les personnes d'Italie et de la France sont plus drole, n'est-ce pas?

I don't think I would make a very good German, B ! :AH-HA_wink:

Bon voyage avec la compagnie Lufthansa. Je crois que vous voyagerais avec l'Airbus 340 entre PHL et FRA, parce qu'ils portent le 747 seulement a JFK, EWR, IAD, MIA, ATL (quelquefois), ORD (quelquefois), SFO et LAX.

Les attendents de bord de Deutsche-LH peuvent etre comment les "carabinieri" du ciel :lol: , especialment dans la classe economique. Ils n'aiment pas mes carry-ons un petit peu plus grands des reglements, mais les autres compagnies sont plus agreable sur les dimensions de mon valise du cabin.

Je prefere Alitalia et Air France plus que Lufthansa. (Avec mon billet gratuit de Skymiles, j'irai a l'Italie le mois prochaine avec Air France sur un 747 et je retournerai en Aout avec Alitalia sur un 777). Vous savez, les personnes d'Italie et de la France sont plus drole, n'est-ce pas?

I don't think I would make a very good German, B ! :AH-HA_wink:

I will give you a F--. Or probably a Z.

I will give you a F--. Or probably a Z.

WHAT? :angry:

Two years at the high school level and that was it...for that much investment and that long ago, it's not THAT bad. :lol:

Well it's about 8:40 on Monday morning here. I slept on the way over, unusual for me, as I don't like to sleep when flying. I want to be awake when we plummit to the earth at 600 MPH. Anyway I will be at Opel headquarters in an hour or so. Tonight some friends and I will be seeing Spiderman 3, in the original German. I can't wait! I always feel quite at home here in the heart of Opel-Land. :smilewide:

I want to be awake when we plummit to the earth at 600 MPH.

I think it's more like 168 mph +/- when you hit the tarmac on typical wide-bodied aircraft ...and it's about 183 mph +/- when "rotation" occurs and the twin-aisle birds take to the sky. I'm a veritable garbage can of useless trivia.

I won't dispute that. :AH-HA_wink:

As much money as Spiderman has taken in over its debut weekend, they must be factoring in the price of your trip to the theater, Custom-S.

Don't forget to post pics when you return, please sir.

I want to be awake when we plummit to the earth at 600 MPH.

:lol:

One time I landed at Newark the guy next to me was almost crapping himself as we encountered some turbulence on the beginning of the descent. I turned to him very calmly, smiled, and said 'don't worry! we won't fall past the ground'. He was silent for the rest of the flight and didn't even wish me a good flight to Florida...

:lol:

One time I landed at Newark the guy next to me was almost crapping himself as we encountered some turbulence on the beginning of the descent. I turned to him very calmly, smiled, and said 'don't worry! we won't fall past the ground'. He was silent for the rest of the flight and didn't even wish me a good flight to Florida...

De Lisboa para Newark com Continental ou TAP? Onde vai na Florida? Voce gosta?

I have had great "row-mates" on most of my trips to Europe, fortunately, but one time going from Frankfurt to Portland, I had to sit next to a 350 pound Greek Orthodox priest in his black outfit and helicopter landing pad hat. He also had a really long beard that was full of crumbs from his food. Hey...at $ 449 round trip, I guess I could put up with it, but it was a very L-O-N-G 11 hours because he "spilled over" into my seat.

De Lisboa para Newark com Continental ou TAP? Onde vai na Florida? Voce gosta?

I've flown with both airlines.

I go to a place called Coral Springs, in Broward County. I like it: nice neighborhood with nice people.

I still think that one of my funniest flight experiences is when my aunt and uncle were stationed in Germany (Ramstien AB). The flight from Atlanta-Hartsfield to Heathrow wasn't bad at all, nice flight in the 747. Once I got to Heathrow is where the fun began. From there I got to catch a C-130 into Ramstien. Some poor sap next to me on the Herky-bird decided he wanted to blow his lunch when the pilot took us on a little low-level excursion to show us some of the sights in Germany.

I still think that one of my funniest flight experiences is when my aunt and uncle were stationed in Germany (Ramstien AB). The flight from Atlanta-Hartsfield to Heathrow wasn't bad at all, nice flight in the 747. Once I got to Heathrow is where the fun began. From there I got to catch a C-130 into Ramstien. Some poor sap next to me on the Herky-bird decided he wanted to blow his lunch when the pilot took us on a little low-level excursion to show us some of the sights in Germany.

I only like the first part of your story....the 747 part....