Of all the things to break!

*chuckles*

The horn of my '81 MC SC died right before my parents sold it to me.... They had it replaced ... now, it sounds STRONGER than the original one ... thank goodness ... he he!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I know you can hear me, but I'm not sure you're listening" ... Martina McBride ... 'Whatever You Say'

*chuckles*

The horn of my '81 MC SC died right before my parents sold it to me.... They had it replaced ... now, it sounds STRONGER than the original one ... thank goodness ... he he!

"I know you can hear me, but I'm not sure you're listening" ... Martina McBride ... 'Whatever You Say'

:lol:

You know what I'd like to do when mom finally got a new car...rig a train horn up to the Shadow!

You know what I'd like to do when mom finally got a new car...rig a train horn up to the Shadow!

OH my.........that WOULD capture attention :).

"You got to roll with the punches" ... Van Halen ... 'Jump'

To rig up train trumpets you would need a compressor large enough to push air through them, and then you'd need the associated wiring and plumbing to hook them up. Keep in mind though, train trumpets are typically considered illegal on automotive use (of course, that doesn't stop people from doing it). The Impala horn works well, the Cobalt horn works well, the truck, well its got air horns, so yes, they work well, even the "ooooga" horn on the '31 Model A works well.

DF:

Whenever I need a horn I go to the junkyard I grab a pair out

or a last gen. Buick RoadMonster. They have probably the

loudest horns of anything made after 1987. My 1968 Camaro,

the Datsun & even the 1983 Firebird has Roadmaster horns.

---

My buddy Duffy commented to me the other day that I used the

Horn on my Cadillac & in my B59 more often in one day than he

does in about a month. If someone cuts me off, esp. when I'm

driving a big boat, well that is all the excuse I need to make

them $hit their pants when I press that big horn ring.

Also, it's hella cool to go under a 10 lane wide overpass I lay on

the horn for a good 7 seconds to hear the echo.

The SKYs (and Solstices) horn sucks big time. Many of the owners over at skyroadster.com have added to or replaced thier stock OEM horn. It's one of the mods I plan to do to my SKY once I find a replacement horn that I like and just plugs right in without any electrical or wiring modifications.