Playoff time

Satty

Its October, that means playoff baseball. As much as I hate to admit it, the Cardinals look pretty good. But here is how I see it going: NLDS Cardinals over Padres in 3 (Peavy is done, Padres have no shot) Astros over Braves in 4 (Kyle Farnsworth blows a save or two, just like when he was a Cub) ALDS White Sox over Red Sox in 4 (I never thought I would say that, but the Chi Sox whooped up today) Angels over Yankees in 5 (This one will go the distance, the Angels are the better team) NLCS Astros over Cardinals in 7 (Look at that staff, Petitte has dominated in the second half) ALCS Angels over White Sox in 6 (Sorry, not Chi-towns year) World Series Astros over Angels in 5 (They'll get the monkey off the back with the NLCS, just like the Sox last year, if they can win the pennant, they will win it all)

Eh, deal with it. :P This year for the first time since FOX has been carrying baseball, they decided not to delay the Sunday night lineup - the only night I ever watch TV for more than a half-hour at a time. Satty, I agree with your predictions for the most part, though I think the Yankees might take the ALDS, especiall now that they've beaten Colon. They have Aaron Small, how could they not?

Yeah, my Aaron Small comment was kinda tongue-in-cheek. He's been bailed out by the offense for a couple of those ten victories, but for a few of those he's been lights out, and he doesn't walk anybody. I like him for not getting pissed at being sent to the bullpen after Mussina came back. I see him as a serviceable middle-to-long reliever to back up Sturtze. He's the best guy they have for that position right now. Everyone else in their bullpen outside of Rivera worries me. I think you're right about Chacon. I only recall two bad outings since they got him in July, easily the best midseason pickup this year.

Mussina pitched pretty well last night (and Colon coulnd't seal the deal, giving up 2-out runs, UGH!) but the Yankees staff isn't all that impressive. Johnson is old, Mussina has had injury and consistancy issues and who would have ever though that the Yankees would be starting a pitcher with 116 CAREER innings in game 2 of the playoffs? Wang has been decent for a rookie playing in New York, but I dont think he'll out-pitch John Lackey who has postseason experience. The Red Sox are no better, Clement got shelled yesterdayand wasnt' that great in his playoff starts as a Cub. Wells is a great clutch picter, but he's like 65. Schilling hasn't been right all year, bloody sock days are behind us. The White Sox starters have been dependable, but are still a question mark. The National League is pretty difficult as well, the Cardinals jumped out to a huge lead and almost blew it. If Peavy had been healthy that game could have gone either way. The Cards bullpen could cost them. Thats why they play the games.