Here ya go Fly!

So finally, my girlfriend and I had a chance to take the LeSabre out for a spin and snap some shots for Fly. I drove it there, she drove it back. Gotta say fly, it's one sweet, floaty ride. :AH-HA_wink:

It takes a couple tries to first get it started from a cold start, and it did stall once, but once it warmed up it ran fine...although I think it runs a bit rich. The transmission shifts very smooth and she ride and steers well...although I only went up to about 40. We went to the baseball field parking lot, followed by the next door car wash parking lot, followed by a quick rinse (and major wash for the Intrepid, to get the 4,300 miles of dirt and splattered bugs off of it). With the cars all wet and even more shiny, we took them to the store parking lot and took some face-to-face photos.

Modern meets old school, Mopar meets the General.

It's an awesome car, in that floaty, giant sorta way, I love it and I want my own :P

I also got a quick video of the car running and a walk-around to give you all (especially Fly) an idea on what she sounds like. I've got a bunch of photos, and there will be even more tomorrow when I take some daytime ones.

Enjoy Fly! (note the KS plate :P)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You know, I didn't notice, but it may...what is a speed minder anyway? It's got a lot of lights on it...like one for the alternator.

Everything vital woks, she's low on gas (I'll put a few gallons in), speedo works fine, lights all seem to work, blows air (and dust), the wipers work (they are hidden, which is cool) didn't try the radio, but I can do that next time I take photos.

One thing that mystifies me is the highbeams...are they automatic or what? They turn on and off at whim, and I see no switch for them.

I saw one was burned out too :P

Edited by Dodgefan

You know, I didn't notice, but it may...what is a speed minder anyway? It's got a lot of lights on it...like one for the alternator.

Everything vital woks, she's low on gas (I'll put a few gallons in), speedo works fine, lights all seem to work, blows air (and dust), the wipers work (they are hidden, which is cool) didn't try the radio, but I can do that next time I take photos.

One thing that mystifies me is the highbeams...are they automatic or what? They turn on and off at whim, and I see no switch for them.

I saw one was burned out too :P

Speed Minder would be a green needle just like the speedometer needle. Probably doesn't have it.

Low on gas? I suspect that'll be a common state for her. :P

Yes, highbeams are floor-activated as WMJ said. You're probably just tapping them randomly. There should be a floor-mounted switch around where the parking brake is.

Thanks again for taking good car of her!

Jeez one bite and the LeSabre would be digesting the Intrepid. Florida Toyotas, be warned! :AH-HA_wink:

I know, last night while we were doing this I was noticing that, while the Intrepid is no small car, this thing is massive, even compared to it!

Fly has no worries from Toyota...his biggest fear would be a new Tundra hitting it, but the Camshaft or timing belt (depending on the engine) would probably fail before it was able to make contact. :P

That thing is sweet, is it a 455? And Fly plan on restoring her? Please say yes...

Demolition Derby! :lol: Just kidding.

My plans include

1) Getting it here (duh)

2) Making it as mechanically reliable as can be

3) Repair a/c and radio/speakers

4) Make any cosmetic improvements I can

Eventually...

5) Reupholstery

6) Repaint sheetmetal and dye top a dark green or blue

No timeframe, just when I feel like it and can. My girlfriend knows a shop that'll probably do the paint and bodywork as well as interior fixing on the cheap and since this is neither a show car nor my beloved Aurora, a decent look is fine by me.

Oh, and yes, a 455 baby!

Jeez one bite and the LeSabre would be digesting the Intrepid. Florida Toyotas, be warned! :AH-HA_wink:

LOL!

I had visions of a "Cars" scene ;). he he

Very sweet ... love those night pics, too! Lookin' forward to seeing it progress, Fly!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I knew she was a jewel in disguise" ... Kathy Mattea ... '455 Rocket'

I kinda like the way, I like the way she dips

cause shes FlyBrian's LeSabre

Well shes Fly's new big Buick

And she used to be mine

Shes so fine

All joking aside I am happy to know that this Landyacht will be

well taken care of by Fly & will never see a demolition derby.

It's a shame that I do not have the space or $$$ to keep her

but knowing she will stay in the C&G community is the next

best thing, and besides, it's pretty cool that this car has gone

Nebraska (bought new in 1976) to Massachusetts (late 1990?)

and will now be retiring in Florida.

Best of Luck with her Fly, I gotta call Camino soon and arrange

a time to drive this big 455 powered hardtop to his domiscile.