Choppin' Competition #43 - Chevy Volt

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #43!

Posted Image

Recently unveiled to great fanfare - and some doubt - Chevrolet's Volt is not merely another concept car. Its been made abundantly clear by everyone at General Motors that the most fanciful aspect of the automobile we saw at Detroit was the exterior sheetmetal. The guts of the Volt - its advanced E-Flex propulsion system - will be as real as can be. As opposed to coming-soon plug-in hybrids, GM considers the Volt a full electric car with range assist via a small gasoline engine. Already, GM has introduced fuel cell-powered versions around the world and has been making steps to bring a Volt to the public within a few short years.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to modify the Volt in any way you see fit. Whether you want to productionize the Volt concept or use the basic design for a future Chevrolet car, the choice is yours. Remember, please only use the Chevy Volt for your base image! Anything else you do is up to you. Let the creativity fly!

Some Picture Sources...
-Chevy Volt @Autodeadline*
-Chevy Volt @ GM Media

Size guidelines remain at 800x600, so please size your entry accordingly. Please do not submit your images as Bitmap (.bmp) files.

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize from C&G!

Deadline is Tuesday, July 31st @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck and have fun! :CG_all:

*Instructions for accessing high-resolution images through AutoDeadline:
Replace the bold, orange section of the URL...
(http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/*query?silverado&Source=all)
...with the make/model/etc you're searching for. Replacing 'silverado' with 'lesabre' will bring up downloadable hi-res images of the Buick LeSabre.

• 2 weeks later...

The changes are subtle and you might have to look for them but they are there.

Posted Image

What did you do besides change the wheels? You should post the original so we can more easily pick out the other changes.

Edited by Dodgefan

Ask and you shall receive :P I was going for more of a production look while maintaining the edgy look of the vehicle so I didn't do much. I was actually going to put some toned down wheels on the vehicle but I don't even think GM could afford to do that without taking away some of the look...some of the guys on my Regal board are dreaming of a performance version so that was in my mind too. I don't see those windows going into production but they are one of the best parts of the concept. I may try a wagon because I love wagons. Here is a list of the changes

Added: Wheels, Door handles

Modified: Body color, Headlight color, Extended grill, Extended skirts, Extended front fascia, Gave rear more of a hatch look (I hated the short rear deck)

Deleted: Mirror turn signal, Small door handles, Vents/light on front fascia,

Edited by Gizhost

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...