Sign in to follow this  
Flybrian

SPY SHOTS! 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Spied: 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Posted Image
Date posted: 07-27-2007 | Link to Original Article @ Edmunds

SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Astute spy photographers caught photos of what is believed to be the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, a midlevel model positioned between the base Lancer and the upcoming 300-plus-horsepower Evolution version.

While the former Ralliart model offered little more than a body kit and fancy wheels, this next-gen version is expected to have all-wheel drive and a turbocharged four-cylinder making somewhere in the neighborhood of 220-230 horsepower. With that kind of hardware, the Ralliart will be well positioned to compete with the latest Subaru WRX, a sedan with similar specs but a controversial new design.

In addition to the Lancer's favored styling, the Ralliart will also benefit from Mitsubishi's latest optional technology. Optional equipment will most likely include a 30 GB hard drive, Bluetooth and a Rockford Fosgate audio system.

What this means to you: Not digging the new look of the standard Impreza, but don't have the scratch for an STI? The Lancer Ralliart could be the answer.

For some reason, I still think the track looks too narrow on the new Lancers.

I agree. Even though I think it looks amazing, it could be a little bit wider and/or shorter.

I think the new WRX has a lot to fear from this car.

I think Mitsubishi could clean up with this car. Subaru dropped the ball hardcore with the new Impreza; it looks like a late 90s Suzuki with an interior to match.

I'll agree with you 110% on that.