Naked people pose on Swiss glacier!

'Living sculpture' meant to raise awareness about global warming'

Posted Image

BETTMERALP, Switzerland - Hundreds of naked people formed a “living sculpture” on Switzerland’s Aletsch glacier Saturday, hoping to raise awareness about climate change.

The photo shoot by Spencer Tunick, the New York artist famous for his pictures of nude gatherings in public settings worldwide, was designed to draw attention to the effects of global warming on Switzerland’s shrinking glaciers.

“The melting of the glaciers is an indisputable sign of global climate change,” said the environmental group Greenpeace, which co-organized the event.

It said most Swiss glaciers will disappear by 2080 if global warming continues at its current pace.

The event, which followed Tunick’s previous shoots in London, Mexico City and Amsterdam, was designed to minimize any impact on the environment, Greenpeace said.

Temperatures during the shoot hovered around 50 degrees.

Article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20337165/

[uMMM, IT IS AUGUST] :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Off course the glaciers are melting. Arcane laws about pubic nudity have left nude sunbather's no where else to sunbathe except for glaciers. ALL THAT BODY HEAT IS MELTING THE GLACIERS! WRITE YOUR CITY COUNSELMAN AND TELL HIM TO REPEAL LAWS AGAINST PUBLIC NUDITY!!!!1!!!1111oneoneoneeleventymillionandone

:lol:

I mean, hell - they can ban everything else. Why not ban glacial melting, or global warming for that matter?

No peeking necessary, just the power of deductive reasoning.

Speaking of peeking though, yikes, I was in Ruby Tuesday's restaurant yesterday and had to use the rest room. Standing at the urinal, I discovered there was a VERY wide, like 3" gap where the stall wall was attached, and I had a clear view of some dude sitting on the toilet in the next stall, which was deeper than mine, and he had a clear view of my weewee. I had to stand up against the stall wall and aim from afar, pee quick and get out of there. <_<

Edited by ocnblu

Speaking of peeking though, yikes, I was in Ruby Tuesday's restaurant yesterday and had to use the rest room. Standing at the urinal, I discovered there was a VERY wide, like 3" gap where the stall wall was attached, and I had a clear view of some dude sitting on the toilet in the next stall, which was deeper than mine, and he had a clear view of my weewee. I had to stand up against the stall wall and aim from afar, pee quick and get out of there. <_<

Well with 3 inch gap, I'm sure he could see all of it with room to spare. :smilewide:

:lol: