Five reasons why I'd buy GM

Sixty8panther

So seriously we talk a lot about Toyota Kool Aid or GM

fans being rabbid or anything in between but here's a

few interesting facts to think about:

1. OnStar.

A feature that is often forgoten about or overlooked, and yet it can save your life!

2. Hydroforming

Fantastic advancement in the modern production of motor vehicles.

GM invented it, they were the first to have it and they're still the best at it.

3. HUD "Heads Up Display"

Available on many high end cars, another GM innovation.

4. Something for everyone, at every price

Show me a German, Japanese or Korean car (nevermind Ford or Dodge)

and chances are about 75% that there's a better VALUE in a GM product.

I think once Zeta arrives 90% might be realistic!

5. Heretige.

Seriously, Toyota & Honda were twinkles in NIPPON's eye when GM was already kickin' a$$!

--------

Anyone else?

What makes GM a great choice for 2008 M.Y.?

Edited by Sixty8panther

Keep your Suburban, I'll take a Yukon Denali & throw in a CTS 3.6DI/6-manual & we have a deal!

Suburban looks so much better. Two years ago, I'd make the same trade, but not today.

Also, calling a little B.S. on OnStar (never paying for it ever again) and a big B.S. on HUD. I'm simply disappointed that GM puts it about three expesnive cars, just like those poopfaces at BMW does. Five years ago, I could get it on the LeSabre, Park Avenue, Bonneville, Grand Prix, and Rendezvous. Now, I can get it on an expensive Corvette, and expensive STS, or an expensive Acadia. No thanks.

Such a wonderfully advanced feature needs to be standard equipment on every Cadillac, Buick, GMC, and high-end Pontiac.

Fly: what;s your beef with OnStar?

5. Heretige.

Seriously, Toyota & Honda were twinkles in NIPPON's eye when GM was already kickin' a$$!

*raises eyebrow*

Hmmmm.....

I usually agree with you, Sixty8, and, while I see your point and will agree to some extent about your heritage argument ... the sad part (to me, anyway ... and perhaps I'm the only one) is that, in some cases, GM has made it clear that heritage means absolutely nothing to them..............

*shrugs*

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I see our time has gotten stale" ... Eve 6 ... 'Inside Out'

I usually agree with you, Sixty8, and, while I see your point and will agree to some extent about your heritage argument ... the sad part (to me, anyway ... and perhaps I'm the only one) is that, in some cases, GM has made it clear that heritage means absolutely nothing to them..............

You're not alone. *cough* Flint *cough*.

KnightFan: Yes, asd to say you have a very valid point!

.....and a big B.S. on HUD. I'm simply disappointed that GM puts it about three expesnive cars, just like those poopfaces at BMW does. Five years ago, I could get it on the LeSabre, Park Avenue, Bonneville, Grand Prix, and Rendezvous. Now, I can get it on an expensive Corvette, and expensive STS, or an expensive Acadia. No thanks.

Such a wonderfully advanced feature needs to be standard equipment on every Cadillac, Buick, GMC, and high-end Pontiac.

Despite it's existence for a few decades, HUD is still a relatively unknown/unwanted product. Perhaps that's why you only see it in some BMWs and high-end Cadillacs. I'm sure GM did a study to see what customers purchased the HUD option and on what vehicles. I'll bet you that only Luxury car buyers were the most serious buyers of the technology and no Pontiac or Buick drivers. They were spending too much on including a technology few people wanted. Look at the nightvision from Cadillac or the retractable roof on the Envoy. Both were innovative, yet, unpopular. However, you can say that all three blunders were a direct result of GM's poor marketing.

Anyway, you can't blame GM for not offering HUD on a Lucerne or a G8 when no one wants it.

Think about it this way, if everyone wanted one, Toyota would've slapped it on a number of Lexus models or the Avalon years ago.

I remember alot of Grand Prix's sold with the HUD option. Also, elderly driver's liked the HUD because it was easier for them to read and they did not have to look down at the gauges. I agree with Fly that it is a great feature for some people, and certainly very high tech, and should be offered on every model as a stand alone option.

I agree with the HUD comments, it dissapoints me that it seems to be fading away. Friends that drive my car always think that it is "so cool" and are surprised to see something so hi-tech in a old Pontiac. I would say about 75% of the 97-03 Grand Prix GT/GTP's I have seen have had the HUD option but then when I went to the dealer the other day I took a look at the 07-08 GP's that they had on the lot (about 15 or so) and only one of them had HUD. Sad....

Edited by REDO1GPGT

I agree with the HUD comments, it dissapoints me that it seems to be fading away. Friends that drive my car always think that it is "so cool" and are surprised to see something so hi-tech in a old Pontiac. I would say about 75% of the 97-03 Grand Prix GT/GTP's I have seen have had the HUD option but then when I went to the dealer the other day I took a look at the 07-08 GP's that they had on the lot (about 15 or so) and only one of them had HUD. Sad....

The GXP has it, the GXP has all the options! :AH-HA_wink: