Buying a Saturn

biff

Greetings folks. My wife has me looking at an 08 Aura. The dealer in town is new to Saturn. They tell me they don't budge much from the MSRP price...MSRP minus rebates is what you pay. At Saturn dealers, they usually have the no-haggle price, correct? Anyone have any advise for dealing on a Saturn? Thanks.

Greetings folks. My wife has me looking at an 08 Aura. The dealer in town is new to Saturn. They tell me they don't budge much from the MSRP price...MSRP minus rebates is what you pay. At Saturn dealers, they usually have the no-haggle price, correct? Anyone have any advise for dealing on a Saturn? Thanks.

Wait and buy the new Chevy Malibu when it comes out, same car and Chevy will haggle. Unless Saturn clapping as you drive away and paying full sticker is important to you. :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Well, we get GM Supplier pricing through my wife's employer, so I got the supplier price on the AURA. The SKY, on the other hand, was sold at MSRP. I have heard of Saturn dealers willing to sell for less than sticker, but you have to realize that they were on either leftover models or on undesirable models dealers wanted gone. Are there any 2007 leftovers available? Maybe they'd be willing to deal on a leftover?

There is almost always no haggling. The dealer may be able to make deals on dealer-install options, but that's usually it.

There is almost always no haggling. The dealer may be able to make deals on dealer-install options, but that's usually it.

Not 100% true.....I paid way below sticker on my 1994 SL2, but that was because the dealer had a surplus of them and the 95's were coming out with the 2nd generation interior.

Not 100% true.....I paid way below sticker on my 1994 SL2, but that was because the dealer had a surplus of them and the 95's were coming out with the 2nd generation interior.

Actually, I'd say it is 100% true since I said almost. ;) I'm sure there are a few occasions with demos and overstocks where they do something extra to get 'em off the lot. Haggling certainly isn't a regular thing, I spent a little time as a Saturn salesperson, and they never indicated that they ever haggled. The price on the car is the price the customer pays.

Thanks for all the comments, I wasn't sure if the salesperson knew what he was talking about. Funny thing happening in this town, Saturns are being sold by a Ford dealer. The owner of the Saturn dealer retired and sold the building and the owner of a Ford dealership picked up Saturn. So they're selling Saturn on a Ford lot until the new Saturn dealership is finished.

Thanks for all the comments, I wasn't sure if the salesperson knew what he was talking about. Funny thing happening in this town, Saturns are being sold by a Ford dealer. The owner of the Saturn dealer retired and sold the building and the owner of a Ford dealership picked up Saturn. So they're selling Saturn on a Ford lot until the new Saturn dealership is finished.

Yeah, not a big surprise. The dealer I worked for also had Toyota, Jeep, Suzuki, Mitsu, Kia, Hyundai, Mercury, Lincoln, Subaru, Honda, and two or three used lots. Hard for Saturn to be as unique as it's supposed to be when the salespeople are part of a larger org culture like that. It's pretty common, though.

Yeah, the Saturn dealer here in Fargo is a Mazda, Jeep, Lincoln, Mercury, Saturn dealer. Although Saturn has their own building right next to the rest of the dealership. When you see local commercials or print ads that Lunde Auto puts out, everything is featured together.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the Saturn dealer here in Fargo is a Mazda, Jeep, Lincoln, Mercury, Saturn dealer. Although Saturn has their own building right next to the rest of the dealership. When you see local commercials or print ads that Lunde Auto puts out, everything is featured together.

Drove through Lunde's lot today (I live by Bismarck). They've got their best price on 08's 1500 below MSRP. If they don't want to deal here, I'll buy in Fargo.

Drove through Lunde's lot today (I live by Bismarck). They've got their best price on 08's 1500 below MSRP. If they don't want to deal here, I'll buy in Fargo.

Very cool...any time I have dealt with Lunde's they have been great to me. Unfortunately I havne't got to buy anything from them, but I have gone shopping a few times and if I end up buying a new car I hope to be buying an Aura from them.

Buying GM is common in this house, but never a Saturn.

That said, with the Outlook, last week we ALMOST bought a Saturn, and my mother was ready to sign...until she saw and drove the Enclave later. So, she's now accepting of Saturn and the vehicles (still going to the dealer, I was asked "Aren't they just cheap, junky cars?"), and really likes them...just not as much as she did a Buick :rolleyes:

Both times I've been to a Saturn dealer, I did like the atmosphere, and I never even got a whif of "sales" talk, just like a friendly store of sorts--so that's an impression that sticks with me.

Edited by caddycruiser

Already got 1 :thumbsup: This will be the 3rd new GM vehicle for my wife and I, and the first Saturn.

Remember that Saturn will not accept GM card earnings...Saab and Saturn are exempt from the program. But they would help you with an 08 'bu.

Saturn service IS really good, though.