2006 Car and Truck of the Year Nominees

The nominees for COTY and TOTY: Cars: Audi A3, BMW 3 Series, Chevrolet HHR, Dodge Charger, Ford Fusion, Honda Civic/Civic Si/Civic Hybrid, Hyundai Sonata, Infiniti M35/45, Lexus IS 250/350, Mazda Miata MX-5, Mercedes-Benz R-Class, Pontiac Solstice, Toyota Avalon and Volkswagen Passat. Trucks: Dodge Ram/Ram Mega Cab, Ford Explorer, Honda Ridgeline, Hummer H3, Jeep Commander, Kia Sportage, Lexus RX 400h, Mercedes M-Class, Nissan Xterra, Range Rover Sport, Subaru B9 Tribeca, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Toyota RAV4 and Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I was sort of expecting the Z06, but I guess it's not totally new (based on existing vehicle). Anyways, I'm guessing the Solstice will win the cars, but I have no idea on the trucks... seems pretty wide open.

There are a lot of potential winners in the COTY category: MX-5, Solstice, Infiniti M, 3er, HHR (not all that likely), Sonata, Civic, and Fusion. The truck side isn't as interesting, so the Ridgeline will probably win. What's the Rav4 doing on the list? Edited by CSpec

Hmm this isn't as obvious as it seems... Unfortunately I don't feel that the Solstice will live up to the "redefining the roadster" that MT would expect, despite it really being a great car. They will probably pick something annoying, maybe Lexus IS or Infinti M. My guess is the the stupid Lexus hybrid or maybe the Ridgeline for the TOTY.

If the Miata wasn't on the list, then I think that the Solstice would have had a fighting chance. The IS would have been a contender if it didn't lose its edge. The 3-Series was already the sports sedan out there, it the new one raises the bar. The trucks are largely unremarkable other than the hybrids and the Ridgeline. I think the Ridgeline will get it because it has new thinking in it, ugly styling notwithstanding.

THe Civic or the Sonata will win - and we all know why one of them will win. The Ridgeline for truck, for the same reason.

Oh... you just know the Ridgeline will win. Afterall, MT said it reinvented the pickup truck. :P

And I bet nobody can guess which car I think will win... :D

[post="27533"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

what a stupid pointless honda civic!

being that you want one so f'in bad.

I think the Ridgeline will get it because it has new thinking in it, ugly styling notwithstanding.

[post="27575"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

New thinking, Its an Avalanche with a Honda Emblem. duh!! The Features are about the sane with the bed idea. Me and my brother had a feilday at NAIAS when we talked to the Honda Person there about the Crapline. We said so how many hours did you look at the Avalanche before deciding to put a emblem on it and call it a ridgeline. the guy walked away!! and turned in said trust me we built it from the ground up.

Trust me it isnt a new thinking!