08 Chevy Website Up. . .

K.C.

It's the same site.

When the first link was put up, most of the models were still 2007's. The link I put up was after all the 08's were up and the 08 Malibu was included under cars and not upcoming vehicles like it was previously. The font is slightly different, as is the blue color on the page.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it interesting that GM offers rear DVD entertainment in the new Malibu, yet the idea to offer DVD/GPS Navigation somehow escapes them.

It doesn't scape them. GM has OnStar they are just trying to push it on people.

I find it interesting that GM offers rear DVD entertainment in the new Malibu, yet the idea to offer DVD/GPS Navigation somehow escapes them.

That is interesting.

What gets me is how nav is offered in only one car (Corvette) but in all the trucks/SUVs except the Colorado... yes, even the Equinox gets the option.

It doesn't scape them. GM has OnStar they are just trying to push it on people.

OnStar doesn't cut it. Trying to pretend OnStar can take the place of a decent GPS navigation is beyond naive. If I'm choosing to pay the yearly costs of the turn-by-turn OnStar crap or a GPS Nav, I'm going to go buy a nice Tom Tom or Garman GPS Nav.

OnStar doesn't cut it. Trying to pretend OnStar can take the place of a decent GPS navigation is beyond naive. If I'm choosing to pay the yearly costs of the turn-by-turn OnStar crap or a GPS Nav, I'm going to go buy a nice Tom Tom or Garman GPS Nav.

I agree.

The lack of a map interface makes it difficult to find alternate routes when there is traffic or detours.

When the first link was put up, most of the models were still 2007's. The link I put up was after all the 08's were up and the 08 Malibu was included under cars and not upcoming vehicles like it was previously. The font is slightly different, as is the blue color on the page.

Yep. It's updated even more. Now there is a gallery in addition to the one in the "preview" site. Loads much faster. New pics, too.

And the "preview" site is also updated... you can now compare photos. There's an LTZ with the cashmere/cocoa interior. Much nicer than the cheesy brick red, though maybe it's the result of excessive camera flash.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The cocoa looks more like black.

And the comparatron is very misleading. It says, "[base price MSRP on the Malibu LT1 is $7,815 less than on the Camry XLE V6., Base price MSRP on the Malibu LT1 is $7,095 less than on the Accord EX-L V-6 5-Spd AT.]" Well duh, you're comparing a bare-bones four-banger to a leather-lined V6 model.

Edited by empowah

Say that again for the old guys around here. :AH-HA_wink:

Thank GOD someone else sees the difference in the 08 website than the last update for the 07. As for the NAV and OnStar thing. I only have NAV in the AV because it came with the backup camera. Otherwise, I would not want it. If it comes in combination with the backup camera, then I could see value in it, otherwise the OnStar T BY T directions is good enough.

I love the two tone brown interior on the Malibu, that is beautiful. I'm glad to see dark browns coming into the interiors of cars.

Edited by K.C.