Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Fall Pontiac Show in CT

I went to the Nutmeg Chapter POCI Pontiac-Oakland show on Sunday. There were a lot of nice cars out and competition was pretty tough. So much to my surprise, I took home a first place in my class! Who knew...

I've attached some pictures from the show. Most concentrate on cars I was competing with, but there are a few others I found interesting included too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I loved the wagon! He was robbed -- didn't place at all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

He tied for 3rd. He kicks my butt often at these shows.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think he took 2nd place (possibly tied for 3rd)

Edited by BigPontiac

Wait, I'm confoozed, what kind of cars are these again? Holden? Chevrolet? Daewoo? Buick?

TA DAAAH! They're PONTIACS, and they're gorgeous!

Congratulations, Mr. Big, on your well-deserved win. Love your car, sir.

Great pics and congrats on the win, BP!

I love that wagon too - he would have placed if I were judging (the 8 lugs look fantastic on it)

I see one lonely Colonnade in there too!

I would have enjoyed this show!

I can't believe that in a few days there will be no Pontiac in the barn. :nono:

Ahhh... sweetness... got any more pics?

Hey, is that bronze/white 2 door a '55 or '56? An uncle of mine had one of those, all red. Check out those Silver Streaks.

I believe it was a '55.

That's it for pics -- I stupidly didn't charge up my camera battery the night before...that's as far as I got!

Great pics and congrats on the win, BP!

I love that wagon too - he would have placed if I were judging (the 8 lugs look fantastic on it)

I see one lonely Colonnade in there too!

I would have enjoyed this show!

I can't believe that in a few days there will be no Pontiac in the barn. :nono:

See I told you bring the Hawk with a For Sale sign and show it!

My class is tricky to win because a lot of the GTO guys come over and vote for the LeMans'. When I saw the wagon pull in, I thought I was screwed for sure. Very surprising day for me.

Coolness. Thanks for all the clean nice photos.

I love the full sized, stacked headlight '60s Pontiacs but your Bonnie is quite gorgeous too!

I really wish I could have done that.

You'll be back in the Pontiac fold before you know it.

My car took 10 years, 3 body shops, 2 lawsuits and a trip to NM to buy a whole 2nd car to use for parts. It's all about patience and sticking to your dream...bumps in the road of life can slow you down, but keeping at it can pay off eventually.

Coolness. Thanks for all the clean nice photos.

I love the full sized, stacked headlight '60s Pontiacs but your Bonnie is quite gorgeous too!

I really liked the '65 Catalina 2+2 conv sitting next to me. Someday I may need to look into picking one of those up...

You'll be back in the Pontiac fold before you know it.

My car took 10 years, 3 body shops, 2 lawsuits and a trip to NM to buy a whole 2nd car to use for parts. It's all about patience and sticking to your dream...bumps in the road of life can slow you down, but keeping at it can pay off eventually.

I think I'll just have to enjoy my side trip into Chevy restoration for a while, but if the Ute comes here as a Pontiac...