Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wildcat

A Buick man, 50 years running

9 posts in this topic

A story which ran a few days ago in the West Bend Daily News told of a guy, "A Buick man, 50 years running," who especially liked Roadmasters. For all Buick and Roadmaster fans, to view the article, click here.

Great article! I wish this type of brand loyalty still existed among car buyers, not just truck buyers.

My first car was an '87 LeSabre with over 290,000 miles on it.

Since then I've own a '97 Skylark, an '00 Regal, and now an '02 Regal.... and I'm only 24. A little more than 4-decades til I catch up, and as long as Buick keeps building them, I'll still keep buying them... eventually hopefully new.

I still wished Buick kept their colors on the emblem, the new logo blends in with the sea of all the other monochrome logos.

I still wished Buick kept their colors on the emblem, the new logo blends in with the sea of all the other monochrome logos.

I agree. And while were at at bring back the red, white and blue interior colors on Buicks also. And every new Buick should have portholes and bodyside moldings as standard equipment. No Lexus plain blandness please!

I think the emblem should've changed. The red-white-and-blue was a bit gaudy and outdated looking which is the exact image Buick is trying to put behind it. A monochrome symbol is perfect for the style it's trying to incorporate right now.

The Lucerne and the Enclave both have giant monochrome symbols on both the front at back of the vehicles and personally I think they look excellent. However seeing the same-size red-white-and-blue symbol in the same places would look extremely gaudy. They are literally fist-sized emblems and have a lot to do with the flow of the vehicle. Now considering Buick uses chrome often on its vehicles this fits right in to the rich elegant scheme of both vehicles.

Perhaps with time the color emblem should come back, but right now it was a great move for Buick.

I do see your point and I don't hate the new logo by any means. However, the image in my mind was the old Buick logo, but with updated jewels for the colors instead of looking like they were painted on. Think of that one Cadillac commercial where its featuring their logo being crafted from different crystal-like pieces and you'll know what I'm getting at. On the other hand, we could be talking about Buick in the past tense right now if GM hadn't shaped up so a logo isn't that big of a pet peeve of mine.

Edited by big blue

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room